Overnight field trip 3

Peter's POV

"Oh, h-hey Mr Stark," I stammered.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in months!" he exclaimed paying no attention to my class that was goggling at the two of us.

"Uh, I've just been busy," I lied turning red.

"C 'mon tell me the truth, I won't be mad if you have a new mentor. Unless you were working for Oscorp, then I'd be furious," he said.

"Mr Stark, Peter is with the overnight field trip group," Hailey pointed out awkwardly.

Tony looked at the other students and realisation well onto his face.

"Right, okay guys take a seat and I'll explain everything to you guys," Tony said before walking to the front of the room. 

I sat at the back with MJ and Ned was practically standing on his seat to get a good view of Tony, the door to Tony's left opened up and Nat, Steve, Bucky, Sam, Clint, Bruce and Wanda walked out. The class immediately jumped up and started shouting in excitement, MJ rolled her eyes and turned her eyes back to the book. 

"Alright everyone, calm down and let Tony talk," Steve announced.

Everyone immediately sat down and fell silent.

"Alright, thanks Capsicle, as I was saying before. I will tell you the plan for the rest of your time here and then send you off to your first activity," Tony continued, "You'll all do a session with each Avenger and learn something from them, the session will go for three hours. There are risks with each station so please be careful," 

"Do we have a session today?" Zach asked.

"Yes, you'll have a session with Bruce this afternoon so you better get to it," he replied gesturing to Bruce who stepped forward.

Everyone else talked excitedly as they ran down the hallway after Bruce to start asking questions, we arrived in a lab and Bruce explained what we were doing. We were supposed to design a robot that had something to do with chemicals, everyone immediately started and MJ, Ned and I shared a workspace. 

I knew where everything was in the lab and after I quickly brainstormed an idea I grabbed everything I would need and set to work. People were running around desperately trying to find the things they needed and trying to get Bruce over to their work station.

After 2 hours of working, I had my robot built but I didn't know what chemicals I was going to use. I sat on the bench stool and tapped my pencil against the desk trying to think of anything, I couldn't do anything too dangerous and I doubted that the chemicals I would need to make the thing I wanted wouldn't be in here. 

"Please let me go,"

I opened my eyes pushing the memory out of my brain, I couldn't think about that right now. Before I knew what I was doing I was walking around the room collecting chemicals that I needed, I mixed, stirred and compressed the chemicals into a bottle and wired it up to my robot. Other students were running around and adding finishing touches to their robots while I cleaned up my workspace.

I zoned out while the others cleared up and flicked my pencil between my fingers while staring out the window.

"Impressive,"

I snapped my head to see Bruce looking at my robot with a smile on his face.

"I know it's basic but I couldn't think of anything. That was the first thing that came to my mind..." I trailed off.

Bruce frowned but luckily before he could ask any more questions Ned butted in with a squeak of excitement. Ned apologised for interrupting but I used that opportunity to sneak away and help MJ clean up at the sinks.