Endgame 2

Peter's POV

A week later

I stuffed everything I needed into a backpack and put a hoodie on over my suit, I placed my mask in my pocket and slowly opened the door and listened. I couldn't hear May out in the living room or kitchen.

I tiptoed out into the main area of the apartment and empty bottles of wine laid everywhere along with glasses and wrappers. I debated to write a note or not and decided against it, I grabbed a wine bottle from the cabinet, many May would actually miss something for once. I placed it in my bag and opened the door and closed it behind me, I ran down the stairs and out into the busy streets. I ran for a while until I came to an unfamiliar place that I didn't recognise, I sat down on the park bench and sighed. I didn't know where I was going to go now, my phone began to buzz. I looked at the caller ID and hung up, I didn't want to talk to Tony because every time I saw him I was reminded of the battlefield and his heartbeat slowly fading away.

I grabbed the wine bottle and uncorked it, I chugged down the whole bottle. I knew I couldn't get drunk because of my fast metabolism but I wanted to try because I didn't want to feel anything. I don't want to overthink everything and I don't want to freak out internally when I see Tony because it reminds me of him dying. 

I laid down on the park bench and looked up at the stars and anger flared up in me, why did the universe hate me so much? I had lost everyone and I was dead for five years all because I couldn't pull the fucking gauntlet off Thanos' hand. I sighed and closed my eyes...

Crunch, crunch, crunch

 I sat up quickly and looked around my surroundings, I heard footsteps unless it was just my imagination.

"Kid, what are you doing out here?" asked a familiar voice.

We won, we won Mr Stark.

I spun around and saw Tony standing before me, what the heck? How did I not notice him?

"I-I was patrolling," I lied.

"I'm calling bullshit, what are you really doing out here?" he asked.

I didn't reply and tugged on my bag strap that was digging painfully into my injured shoulder, May through a broken wine glass at me and a piece of glass dug into my shoulder. I'm pretty sure it hit a nerve and that's why I couldn't really move my arm, but I got the glass out so it should heal soon.

Tony picked up the empty wine bottle and raised his eyebrow at me, I didn't know what to say. I stood up and grabbed the wine bottle of him throwing it in the bin.

"Are you going to answer my question?" he asked.

I continued to stay silent, what could I say? His gaze softened and he placed a hand on my shoulder, images flashed through my mind again.

Can you hear me? It's Peter, we won... I'm sorry, Tony...

"Peter, I think you should come back with me," he said.

"No!" I shouted, "I mean, sorry, I-I'm fine I just needed some air, I-I have to go,"

I took off running and I ignored him as he called out my name, I reached the tall buildings and since I couldn't swing from my right arm I shot a web with my left arm and flew into the air. I did a few flips before shooting from the same arm again, it felt weird and I wasn't going as fast as I would've liked. In mid-air, I pulled my hood up so it could cover my face and I rested on top of a building and overlooked New York. I heard Tony land next to me and get out of his suit, he sat down beside me with his legs over the edge.