Recover 2

Peter's POV

4 months later
Last month I regained the ability to walk and move around. Bruce and Tony have been helping me as much as they could to make sure I could walk and move again. I've slowly been getting stronger and I've regained the weight that I lost. I was still underweight but I was at the same weight as I was before I was taken. Tony has taken me to multiple therapists and they've been helping me deal with my PTSD and anxiety.
There was a knock at my bedroom door and I looked up from my phone and Tony was standing there with a small smile on his face.
"I've been talking with Bruce and he thinks your ready to try some simple flips," Tony explained, "you know, if you want to get out to Spider-Manning then this would be the first step. But if you don't want to then that's totally fine it's totally up to you kid,"
"No, no, it's fine. I'll try and do some flips," I replied standing up.
Tony smiles and I followed him down to the gym and into the gymnastics area where the large springy proper gymnastics mat was. It was the ones that you see everywhere in the olympics and in proper gymnastics arenas. There was a squishy mat at the other corner of the mat in case I didn't stick my landings.
"Okay, are you sure you want to do this Peter?" Bruce asked.
I nodded and Bruce pulled out a clipboard and frowned before writing something down.
"Okay, we're just going to try really basic and simple things first and then work our way up," Bruce explained, "I'll give you three tries and if you don't complete it in three tries then we'll stop there and move onto the balance beam or uneven bars,"
"Sounds good," I replied.
"Okay, just start off with a handstand," Bruce said after I finished stretching.
I did it perfectly along with the cartwheel, round off and standing back tuck. I did other simple things like forward and backwards roll and the splits and then we moved onto the next level.
"Okay let's try and front flip," Bruce said looking at the list.
Tony dragged the squishy mat closer and I took a deep breath. I ran forward and jumped up in the air before landing on the springy mat again and jumping into the air and flipping forward. I managed to land but I stumbled a little bit on the squishy mat. Bruce gave that a pass and then I moved onto front and back handspring, aerials and off the wall flips.
"You're doing really well, okay, next I want you to do a round off into a back handspring and then do a back tuck," Bruce said.
"Don't you think that's a bit to hard?" Tony asked worriedly.
Bruce shook his head and Tony moved the mat back to the other side of the mat, I ran forward and did a round off before launching into the back handspring. I jumped up from the back handspring and did a back tuck before sticking the landing on the squishy mat.
"That was really good Pete," Bruce said, "Okay next try at do and back layout instead of a back tuck,"
I went back to the other corner and then ran forward doing the same thing. I did a back layout but I landed on my stomach on the squishy mat instead of my feet. I got back up again and tried again but this time I chickened out of doing a back layout at the last second and did a back tuck.
"It's okay Peter, if you don't get this one then you'll know what to work on," Bruce reassured me.
I ran forward again but my arms shook underneath me when I placed them down for my back handspring.
"Okay, so, I want you to work out doing back layouts and maybe front layouts," he explained.
I nodded and we moved over to the balance beam, I nailed everything on there because I could stick my feet to the bar so I wouldn't fall off. A few times I misplaced my footing and fell off but overall I did pretty good.
We moved onto the uneven bars which I was horrible at, I only just made it past the simple stuff but when it came to jumping to the next bar I completely failed. I was so frustrated with myself, being Spider-Man meant I had to swing around and let go of my webs to catch onto another one but I couldn't even grab onto another bar that was pretty close to the smaller bar I was standing on.

I came back everyday to work on the uneven bars and my flips, Tony was constantly telling me to slow down and not to push myself that hard but I was determined to get back out there as Spider-Man.
After a few weeks Bruce did the test again and every single test with no stuff ups so I was going to go for a test swing in the trees near the compound.
My web-shooters were secured around my wrists and at first it reminded me of the chains back at that place but once I shot a web they brought comfort to me.
I swung between the trees doing some flips between in mid air sometimes before shooting another web at a tree swinging along.
After a few more weeks and pleading with Tony I managed to let him let me go for a swing around New York. I was allowed to stop any crime and Tony was flying in his suit beside me to whole time but it was a start and that's how things get better. Everyone starts from somewhere and sometimes life throws things at you that knock you down, but you just need to get back up and recover...

Hey guys sorry this oneshot was kinda bad, I'm on holidays now and I have to write this in my phone so the format might be a bit weird and I'm really tired so this oneshot wasn't the best.
Thank you ALL for voting and commenting, it really inspires me to write more and I love you guys so much.
THANKS FOR 16 K READS, 600 VOTES AND 200 COMMENTS!!!!!!!
Honestly I'm so grateful that people are reading this  oneshot book and I really hope you guys are enjoying them. Your support is everything and your comments make me cry because you're all so supportive 😭😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️