Sick

Peter's POV

I woke up with a pounding head and a nasty cough, I groaned and thought about skipping school but then I remembered I had an important test today.

"Peter! C 'mon get up!" Tony shouted from the kitchen.

I dragged myself out of bed and got changed, I didn't bother fixing up my head, I coughed a few times and then made my way to the kitchen. Everything was really bright and loud but I managed to sit down on a barstool.

"You look terrible," Harley stated.

"Thanks, I try really hard," I said tiredly.

"Are you feeling okay sweetie?" Pepper asked.

She placed a hand on my forehead but I moved away.

"I'm fine, it's just one of those tired days," I lied.

Pepper frowned but luckily her phone buzzed and she rushed off to deal with something, I ate a little bit of breakfast and then went into my room and grabbed my stuff. 

"C 'mon Harley we're going to be late," I told him knocking on his door.

"Yeah, I'll be out soon!" he shouted back.

I sat in the living room and tried to distract myself from my pounding head, I looked up at the time and jumped up.

"Harley we need to leave now!" I shouted.

He opened his door and looked at the time, he swore and we said a rushed goodbye to Tony and Morgan before running out of the Avengers compound. We sprinted towards the subway and just managed to slip between the doors before it left, I coughed multiple times and my throat screamed at me but I painfully swallowed and sighed.

"Are you alright?" Harley asked.

"Yeah," I lied.

At school, I couldn't concentrate and I was on the verge of sensory overload, at recess, I locked myself in the bathroom and tried to take a few deep breaths but I couldn't calm down. I knew I couldn't stay at school or my sensory overload would become much worse. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my suit, I pulled it on and clipped my bag together, I climbed out the window and jumped out. I swung through New York and Karen made sure that all the noises were quieter. Suddenly, Tony's contact name appeared in front of me, I frowned but answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, kid, Karen told me you were experiencing sensory overload, where are you right now?" Tony asked.

"I'm uh, at school in the bathroom, it's nothing too big," I lied.

"Kid, you suck at lying, I will carry you back to the Compound if you don't get home in 5 minutes," he said.

The call ended and I sighed and swung back to the Compound, I climbed in through the window. Tony was there with his arms folded across his chest.

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick this morning?" he demanded.

"I wasn't feeling to bad this morning and I had an important test to do today, I thought I would be fine," I replied.

Tony sighed and gave me some pills that would work with my fast metabolism, we sat on the couch with multiple blankets and watched movies until Harley came home and started his grumbling about how I got to stay home while he had to be at school.

"Your brother is sick, you don't have a valid reason to stay home," Tony argued rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm sick too," Harley lied giving a very fake cough.

I rolled my eyes and went down the hallway while the two of them argued, I pulled out some homework that I had to do but my headache was making it hard to concentrate. I spent hours trying to do my homework but in the end, I had only done half a page, I rested my head on my desk and closed my eyes trying to get my brain to focus but I fell asleep.

Tony's POV

I opened Peter's door to give him another tablet when I froze, Peter was sleeping on his desk and in that moment I felt like a true dad. 

I didn't want to wake him up because he really needed to get some sleep so he could fight his cold, I picked him up and tried not to think about how light he was. I laid him down on the bed and pulled the covers over him. 

I ran my fingers through his hair a few times and smiled at his peaceful face, I wrote a quick note on a sticky note for him in case he woke up in the middle of the night.

Peter,

You fell asleep at your desk, take your pill and then go back to sleep. No patrolling, if you as so much as touch the window or any door that leads outside I will be alerted and I will take away the suit again. 

Tony

Even though taking away the suit didn't do anything last time I would be alerted if Peter went outside anyways. I kissed Peter's forehead and left the room closing the door softly behind me, I smiled, Peter was the reason I decided to have a kid of my own. He was the reason that I didn't turn out exactly like my dad and all he had to do was exist and all my mental walls were broken and they crumbled to the ground.

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while, this story has been sitting in my drafts for a while and I didn't really know what to do with it. I'm thinking to do an endgame rewrite or a field trip next. Anyway, more shoutouts because you guys are amazing.

Marvelous-marvelsss

emptii8

Go check out there work if they have any, I've seen some of Marvelous-marvelsss work and it amazing so please go check it out if you want some stuff to read. Thanks to you two for showing your support and I hope you're liking these.

If you want to be shouted out then make sure to vote for all the chapters and leave a comment.

Thanks!

<3