On the run

Morgan: 14

Peter: 19

Peter's POV

We walked through the forest and constantly looked around in fear and in worry. All the Avengers were being hunted by HYDRA to gain more control over the world and to execute their plans without us getting in the way. We were all split up into two groups to make it a bit harder for HYDRA to find us but some us the Avengers were already captured like Wanda and Clint. Sam, Bucky, Steve and Nat went someone West while, Tony, Morgan, Rhodey, Happy and I went North. May and Pepper went on a plane to Wakanda while Thor was in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy so they couldn't be tracked down by HYDRA and we didn't want to get them involved just yet. Captain Marvel only came down to Earth once a year so we couldn't get her for help. Morgan was supposed to get onto the plane to go with May and Pepper but HYDRA stormed the runway and it was quicker if we just let the plane take off since Morgan was still by the car on the other end of the tarmac. 

We were walking through the forest and I was using my heightened senses and spidey sense to alert me in case there was any danger. After the fight with Beck in London, I used them to my advantage a lot more.  

"Wait," Tony said.

He picked up a bullet from the ground and turned it over and he froze.

"HYDRA," he whispered.

My spidey sense flared up and I spun around and saw the HYDRA agents behind us with guns and bombs.

"RUN!" Tony yelled.

It was chaos after that, bullet rang out and tranquillizer darts were landing around us. Morgan and Happy had bulletproof vests on and clothes along with an invisible bulletproof helmet that no one could see. The rest of us just had our suits on because they were bulletproof but that didn't stop the bombs from damaging us and if a bullet did hit us then it stung a little. Morgan was far up ahead of us and I looked in the bushes ahead of her and saw a HYDRA agent getting ready to fire a bomb at her. 

"MORGAN!" Tony screamed as he noticed it as well.

I sprinted faster and jumped up onto the trees and jumping from them and onto the next one. I shot a web and it connected to her back, I pulled her up and shielded her with my body as the guy fired the bomb at the ground. 

We went flying up in the air and the trees scraped us, I made sure I hit the ground first and we rolled a few times before coming to a stop. I was winded but I pushed myself to my feet.

"M-Morgan, are you okay?" I gasped trying to get air into my lungs.

The forest was catching alight and smoke filled the air.

"Yeah, I-I'm f-fine," she coughed out.

I pulled her to her feet and made sure that she was okay before looking back at the smoke and I made out Tony, Rhodey and Happy running to the side with HYDRA agents chasing them. I took a step in that direction but more HYDRA agents came out of the bushes and I knew I had to protect Morgan at all costs. I grabbed her arm and pulled her in the other direction as the HYDRA agents started firing, Morgan was a fast runner so she ran in front of me as I shot webs behind me and occasionally hitting an agent. We came back out into the city and I ran faster until I caught up to Morgan.

"Get in a car, hotwire it and get down, I'll be right behind you," I lied.

She nodded and we turned down a few alleyways and she jumped into an open car and closed the door crouching down so no one could see her. I ran past her and caught the agents attention before running down a few more blocks, I turned a corner and ran down an alleyway before scaling up the building and onto the roof. The HYDRA agents ran right past the alleyway and I sighed in relief before swinging back towards the car and Morgan was crouched down in the passenger seat. I saw that there were HYDRA agents shot dead on the pathway and fear welled up in me but I jumped into the car and pressed down on the gas since it was already on from Morgan's hotwiring.