Blackmailed 3

2 weeks later

After a lot of work and confusion, we managed to track down the person who was sending emails. We got the address of his house and when I swung past it I saw him sitting at his desk, Flash called the police and we watched from the top of the building as he was taken away. We broke into his house and deleted any existence of the photos and we smashed every single technology related things before leaving.

It was 6:00 pm and we were sitting in my room, Flash was throwing a ball against the wall while sitting on my desk chair while I was on my computer deleting the emails. There was a knock on the door and I looked up as it opened, Tony peaked his head around.

"I need to talk to you," Tony said.

"Uh, okay? I'll see you tomorrow Flash," I replied awkwardly.

Flash quickly left and Tony took his vacant spot and I closed my computer and nervously fiddled with my hands.

"Look, I know you've been skipping school for two weeks and if you're still not ready to go back to school then that's okay, you just need to talk to me about it," he said, "After the death of a close one it's not uncommon for you to do things that you normally wouldn't, so, if your drinking or doing drugs then..."

"Whoa! Tony! I'm completely fine, I promise, no drinking or drugs nothing like that. I promise it's just I don't feel like going to school,"

Tony studied me for a second and then slowly nodded.

"Okay, that's good, are you sure that's it? You've been in your lab a lot," he asked.

"Yep," I lied.

"Okay, I've uh seen the news recently and the reports about Spider-Man and I've also noticed that you haven't been out as Spider-Man recently but you've been going out late at night. Want to tell me what that's about?" he asked.

"Oh, it's nothing, the reports are just stating the truth so there's nothing I can do about it really," 

"What! You know those reports aren't true, I know you try hard to save people every day and you can't blame yourself these explosions that are happening around the city, we don't even know who's causing them!" Tony exclaimed.

"Well, you might not know but I do, trust me, this guy has many sources to cause the explosions," 

"Wait, why haven't you told me!"

My phone vibrated and I looked down at it, it was a message from Flash saying that another explosion was set to go off.

"I uh was lying, I gotta go, I'll see you later Tony, maybe," I said standing up.

"Whoa, you're not going anywhere until you explain this to me," he said grabbed my wrist.

I saw my window open and I pulled out of his grip and stuck to the ceiling, Tony tripped over things trying to get to the window to shut it. I pulled my mask out of my pocket and slipped it on, I launched myself out the window and I hear Tony groan and call his suit. I smiled. I uninstalled the tracker in my suit a while ago so there's no way he could find me. 

I called Flash and he was my new 'guy in the chair' I tried talking to Ned but he didn't care and told me to go die. I saw the apartment building that was up in flames and luckily most of the people made it out, I swung through an open window and dodged the flames as I ran into the hallway.

"Karen, how many people are still in the building?" I asked.

"6 people, I detect another bomb in the building you have 27 seconds until it goes off," she warned.

Heat signatures on the screen in my mask appeared and there were 4 people on this floor, I ran through the flames and coughed from the smoke that was filling them.

"Peter, you need to get out of there you have 10 seconds," Flash warned.

I set the four people on the ground outside and quickly climbed up the burning building onto the top floor, I grabbed two people that were near the window and set them on the ground before returning and finding the last person. A little boy. 

"PETER!" Flash screamed.

I shielded the boy as the flames billowed towards us and I closed my eyes bracing for the pain...

I opened my eyes and the flames were still cackling and I could hear the loud sirens and voices of people crying and being treated. I tried to push myself up but my leg was stuck underneath some wood.

"S-Spider-Man," the little boy sobbed.

My head snapped in his direction and he looked unharmed and innocent. I pulled my mask off so I could breathe better and reached out a hand to the kid.

"Everythings going to be okay, I'll find a way out," I coughed.

I shut out the kid's cries and looked around the flames and wood until I saw a massive hole that continued down to the bottom floor. It was the only way out but it would be too dangerous, the kid's wails got louder and I managed to pull my leg out from under the building. I bit back a scream forced myself to my feet ignoring the pain, I pulled my mask back on and picked up the kid. 

I swung through the pains and pushed off pieces of burning wood as I descended down the hole, I finally reached the bottom floor and barrelled into the burning wood. I landed on the concrete pavement outside and I stumbled to my feet and placed the kid on the ground who ran to his mother. Everyone began crowded me and started pushing punching and screaming at me, they blamed me for the fire. I saw Flash's car in the distance and I ran over and got in, Flash gasped when he saw the burns on me but started driving away from the crowd. It was pitch black outside and we were driving across the bridge when I told him to drop me off here.

"Uh, why? Avengers Tower is this way," he said.

 "Just pull over Flash," I snapped.

He did and I threw my phone onto the road and looked up at the tall pillars and the black water miles underneath them.

"Peter, are you going to jump?" he asked, "Please don't Peter you have so much to live for!" 

"Don't worry, just go home, I'll see you tomorrow," I lied.

"No, I'm not leaving you in this state Peter,"

I sighed and shot a web up and swung up on top of the pillar, I heard his phone dialling but my senses tuned out. Soon enough I saw his car leave, I stood on the very edge of the pillar with my toes over the edge. I looked down at the black water below and fear gripped my chest as my heart pounded in my throat. I pulled of my mask and threw it into the wind. On a daily basis, I jumped from bridges and buildings every day, but this was for the last time. 

I thought of my whole family, I would see May, Uncle Ben and my parents, that sounded like a good deal to me. I jumped off the pillar as the wind roared in my ears but I also heard a mechanical sound that I knew far too well in the distance.

"PETER!"

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in forever, I just lost motivation but now it's school holidays so I can write more because I'm kind of bored because I'm in introvert and love staying inside. Anyways, I got a lot of good ideas coming up but there will be a part 4 out soon. Shoutouts maybe in the next few chapters. If you want a shoutout make sure to vote for every chapter.

Thanks

<3