Abusive Boyfriend

WARNING: ALCOHOL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE

Peter's POV

May was happy, a kind of happy that I've only seen with Ben. I was happy for her even if that meant I had to struggle. May's new boyfriend, Aaron, was really nice and good to May. He helped pay the bills and always bought her flowers and made her laugh, at first I was also tricked by his fake smile and personality. 

At first, it was just small things, rude comments when May wasn't around, then shoving me out of his way and yelling at me when I messed up. But it escalated quickly into hitting, punching and kicking. I knew I deserved it, I was the reason Ben was dead and I took away May's happiness and I couldn't do it again just because of a few punches. I was Spider-Man, I could handle it. Well, that's what I thought...

I got back from Tony's late that night because we lost track of time, my phone was broken by Flash in school. I'm pretty sure something has been happening with his parents again so that's why he was being more aggressive, so I forgot to text May that I was going over to his.

I opened the apartment door and when I turned around I felt a stinging pain hit my face and I fell back against the closed door. My spider-sense didn't even warn me, my vision cleared and I was about to fight back when I realised it was Aaron. I couldn't fight against him, I was just Peter Parker.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!" he screamed.

"I-I was at the i-internship," I stammered.

"Do you know how worried your Aunt has been!" he shouted stepping closer.

I smelt the alcohol on his breath and frowned, May had a late shift tonight, she wouldn't be home until 3:00 AM. I sighed in my head, it was probably just an excuse to hit me.

"She doesn't come home until 3:00," I snapped.

He grabbed me by my hair and yanked me into the kitchen throwing me against the table, my head hit the corner and a sharp stinging pain was brought to my attention. I brought my hand up to my head and I felt something sticky and warm trickle onto my hand. Before I could register what was happening Aaron dug his nails into my arm drawing blood, he pulled me up and shoved me against the wall. His fingers closed around my neck and lifted me off the ground, I choked and grabbed his arm tempted to pry his fingers off but when I touched his arm he held me tighter. Black spots began to cloud my vision and I thought I was going to die, but luckily he released me.

I fell onto the ground coughing and gasping for air, but he didn't stop there. He grabbed me and pulled me up, he opened the fridge and pulled out a beer bottle, I knew the beer he drank was infused with drugs and after a few sips, he got insanely drunk.

He pinned me against the counter and opened the bottle, the smell made me dizzy and I tried to push him away but he bent my wrist back. I went to scream but he shoved the bottle into my mouth while my mouth was open, I choked and spluttered but he forced me to swallow it. I was hoping my metabolism would burn all the alcohol but I was wrong, I began to feel shaky and really dizzy. He threw me to the ground and kicked and punched me before throwing me against the wall, in my drunken state I ran into my room closing the door behind me. 

I fell onto the floor aa the world swayed and spun around before everything went black...

It felt like I had been hit by a drunk, why was I so sore? I didn't remember patrolling last night so that could've been it. I pushed myself onto my elbows and that's when I realised I was lying on the floor, memories of what happened last night flooded into my mind and I groaned before pushing myself up and sitting on my desk chair. I took a steadying breath and tuned into my senses, I could here May's worried voice and Aaron comforting her, what was going on? What happened?

I was about to get up but that's when I heard May's footsteps coming down the hallway and then Aaron's heavy footsteps running after her.

"Let me talk to him first," he offered.

May sighed but I heard her footsteps retreat into the living room. The door opened and  Aaron came in smirking at me.

"Is May alright? What's going on?" I asked.

"You need to tell May that you took the beer out of the fridge and drank it," Aaron said suddenly.

My jaw dropped and I stared at him in disbelief, what the heck? 

"You know what will happen if you don't," he threatened.

I sighed, May was a lot happier when Aaron was around and she didn't have to worry as much about the bills or about putting food on the table. She was able to buy nice things and I was happy for her, Aaron threatened he would leave her if I didn't do as he said. I couldn't let that happen to May, she was so happy. I was already the cause of losing Ben and I didn't want to take Aaron away from her too.

"Fine," I snapped.

I heard May's footsteps come down the hallway and then the door opened, she didn't look made but I could tell she was very disappointed which was worst.

"Peter, we need to have a serious talk," she said sitting on my bed next to Aaron.

I nodded, unsure of what to say.

"Why did you do it, Peter? You've never been into drugs or alcohol, is something going on in school or at the internship?" she asked.

"N-No, everythings fine, I guess I was just bored," I lied.

"Peter no one just tries alcohol because they were bored, what's really going on?" she pressed.

Aaron glared at me and gave me a look.

"I think it must be because of the internship, he came home right after it and started drinking even though I was in the room," Aaron lied.

May sighed and rubbed her hands down her face.

"Is everything okay with that?" she asked.

"Y-Yeah, I j-just had a bad day at school," I stammered.

She gave me a sceptical look and Aaron and her exchanged glances.

"Look, we think it's fair to ground you for two weeks, no phone, no going anywhere except school," she said, "And we think it's best if you don't do the Internship anymore,"

"What! No, I can't give up the internship!" I shouted jumping up.

"Peter, your grades have been dropping and Tony Stark has a reputation of drinking. We can't trust you to be around a man like him," Aaron added.

"He's not like that anymore! He hasn't even touched a drink around me I swear!" I argued.

"Peter, it'll be good for you. People around are offering teenagers jobs, sounds like a good idea," May suggested.

"But-"

"No, that's final, end of discussion!" May snapped.

They both left my room and I sunk to the ground, what was I supposed to do now? The internship didn't mean Spider-Man did it? 

I sighed and leaned my head against the wall holding back a scream of frustration. The internship was the only thing that I could go to whenever I needed it, but now it was gone...

Hey Guys!

Shoutout goes to SiriTachi she has amazing work and I'm actually reading some of it, there are endgame fix its and a bunch of good Spider-Man/marvel stories so I'd recommend checking out the profile. Thanks for reading and voting!

If you guys want a shoutout make sure to vote for every chapter and comment, I won't shout you out more than once though. But at the end of the book, I do a massive shoutout to everyone.