Shooting

Tony's POV

I was at the lake cabin and Harley and Morgan were sitting on the couch watching the news while Pepper and I cooked dinner. Well, Pepper was cooking dinner and I was trying to help but I kept messing up. 

"Dad!" Harley called.

I looked up and Harley's eyes were glued to the news. I walked around the island in the kitchen and the news reporter was saying something about a shooting at Stanford University. My heart stopped. That was Peter's school.

"Citizens have reported that at least 50 armed people dressed in black entered the building and started shooting, no one is allowed around this area and police are on there way. It is rumoured that at least 1,000 people are dead but we are unsure," the person reported.

It switched to something else and when I looked back at Pepper she was pale, I grabbed my phone and fumbled with it as I tried to call Peter. I brought it up to my ear and it rang a few times.

"Please be okay, please be okay, c 'mon Peter, please pick up," I mumbled.

He didn't answer and I swore and tried calling him multiple times but he didn't answer.

"I need to go to the airport," I said.

I started to walk to the front door but Pepper caught my arm.

"We're all coming," she replied.

Harley and Morgan came with us and we piled into the car, pepper was driving since I was too worried. It would take 5 hours for us to get there and by then Peter was probably dead, I looked at my watch and groaned, we'd get there at midnight and thousands of other worried parents are probably going to be there as well. 

We arrived at the airport and we got onto my private jet and took off, no one spoke or did anything, we all just waited in nervousness. 

"Please be okay," I whispered.

We finally arrived at the university and as I predicted there were swarms of worried parents at the park across the street from the university where all the students were being evacuated to. The police had arrested all of the men and were doing a sweep of the building, Pepper held onto Morgan as we pushed our way through the massive crowd looking for Peter. Everyone was crying or shaking out of fear and there were so many ambulances, I made my way over to a doctor who had a clipboard and he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Hello, who are you looking for?" he asked.

"Peter Parker," I replied.

He flicked through multiple pages and then shook his head tapped his pencil on the page.

"Sorry he hasn't been taken into an ambulance, he's probably still in the building," he replied.

"O-okay thank you," I replied.

He turned away to help another woman and took a deep breath, I didn't know if that was good news or bad news. He could be bleeding out in there, he could be dying right now and no one would know until it's too late.

"Tony, let's go sit down," Pepper said.

A large part of the crowd left because people were telling them if they had their family then they had to leave to make space. There were probably about 1,000 people left waiting for their children to come out of the building. Harley was pale as well and Morgan was crying because she was scared for Peter, suddenly my phone buzzed and when I looked down at it my heart soared, it was from Peter, but my smile quickly turned into a frown.

Meet me at my apartment, don't bring Morgan or Harley just yet, leave them with Pepper in the car or something.

"I gotta go, can you stay with Harley and Morgan?" I asked.

Pepper looked shocked but seemed to understand, so nodded and I pressed my arc reactor and my suit formed around me. They started walking towards the car and I flew off to Peter's apartment and my nerves were not helping the situation. I flew in the window and walked down the corridor until I came to his apartment door, I knocked and I heard some scrambled and then a loud crash followed by some swearing. The door swung open and I saw Peter holding his leg which had blood flowing from it.

"Peter!" I exclaimed.

He shooshed me and I went inside and he closed the door, he limped his way over to the couch and I saw the coffee table littered with medical supplies and ice packs.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I got shot, well, not me but Spider-Man," he replied, "What are you doing here? How did you even know about the shooting?"

"It was all over the news, did the bullet graze you or is it in your leg?" I asked.

"Grazed, it stung like hell and I also fell down four flights of stairs so I stuffed up my ankle which is great," he said sarcastically.

I helped Peter clean up the blood and wrapped some bandages around his swelling ankle as well as putting a gauze pad over the wound in his thigh. 

"Why didn't you want Harley and Morgan coming?" I asked.

"Because of all the blood," he replied simply, "You can call them now if you want,"

I called them and after a few minutes they were here, Harley, Morgan and Pepper hugged him tightly and Peter explained what happened and who the men were. I also forced him to tell me about his fight with those guys so he told me all his near-death experiences and how thousands of students were killed. I sighed in relief, out of thousands of students Peter somehow survived, my amazing, wonderful, crazy son survived while saving people. 

We all sat on the couch wrapped up in blankets and Morgan chose a movie, half-way through the movie, all the kids were asleep. Morgan was curled up in Peter's side and Peter's face was buried in a pillow, Harley was curled up near Pepper and she was asleep as well. I smiled to myself, last year having a family was not on the list but now I had an amazing, confusing but loving family.