Marriage

Peter's POV

I had no idea what type of ring MJ would like or where to get it from. MJ wasn't like other girls, she doesn't like big expensive and flashy jewellery, I knew that she'd prefer something more low key and not too noticeable. The first thing I did was tell May about it, she was beyond excited and that night we went and visited my parents and Uncle Ben's grave for the first time in a while. I told Ned about it the next day and he was beyond excited, we both tried to think of ring ideas and we came up with two but they didn't seem like the perfect ring for her. A week later it was the holidays and I had three weeks off, MJ, however, had to go overseas for some of her studied but she'd be back in a week, so I thought it would be the perfect time to ask more people that she knew about the perfect ring for her.

I called MJ's older brother and explained everything to her, he gave me a few ideas talking about how she loves protesting against climate change and he also told me a few other things that she liked when she was younger. I thanked him and hung up after he wished me good luck, I looked online at some rings but I couldn't find one that she'd love. Maybe I was overthinking everything and I should just get her a classic ring.

"Peter we've got to go otherwise we'll be late!" May called through the apartment.

"For what?" I asked.

"Pepper and Tony wanted us to go down there for dinner and stay for a few days," 

I nodded feeling stupid, May told me about this a while ago but in the stress of finding the perfect wedding ring, I'd forgotten about it. I closed down my computer and followed May out of the apartment, we jumped into Happy's car and they kissed each other hello.

"Hey Peter, did you find a ring yet?" he asked.

"Did you tell everyone?" I asked May.

"Hey, I didn't tell Happy," she argued.

"Tony told me, heck I think he told all the Avengers and anyone who will listen, he's so proud of you Pete. One morning I had my bedroom window open and I swear I heard Tony telling the postman that you're going to propose," Happy recounted.

I groaned and muttered something about Tony under my breath. 

We began driving and MJ called me in the car, I spent most of the time talking to her. We were both going for PhD's in college which took five years to complete. After I finished high school I did a masters degree in biochemistry and in these five years I'm doing a PhD for biophysics while MJ took two years off after high school to earn some money. This was our final year and exams were coming up, so when I wasn't looking for the perfect ring I was studying my ass off. 

"Okay, well I better do some studying before I go to sleep," MJ said into the phone.

"Right, love you," I called.

"Love you too, dork," she replied.

She hung up and I sighed resting my head back on my seat as I looked up at the stars from the car window.

"Kids these days talk about the craziest stuff," Happy mumbled.

"I'm 25, I don't classify as a kid anymore," I replied.

"Well, to Tony you're still a kid," May added.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, May laughed and looked at me in the rearview mirror with a smile on her face. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my phone, I looked through a few more websites at some rings but when we arrived at the cabin I still hadn't found any good rings.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and got out of the car sighing. The door opened and light flooded out from the kitchen out onto the grass. The night air was kind of chilly but Morgan didn't seem to care as she leapt down the porch stairs with no shoes or socks on.