Overnight field trip 2

Peter's POV

We arrived at Stark Industries and a girl in her early twenties came out greeting everyone with a smile. She caught my eye and winked at me, I returned a small smile back at her and looked back down at my feet.

"Hello Midtown Tech, I'm Hailey and I'll be the tour guide that will lead you around to all the different places," she introduced, "Now while you're here you'll each have a badge that will allow you to enter certain rooms. We have a strict reprinted policy so if you lose your badge then you'll be sent home,"

She began handing them out and everyone was geeking out over the white bits of plastic card with their names and clearance on them.

"Hey Peter, did you get stuck in this tour?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah, unfortunately," I complained.

"I haven't seen you in ages! Where have you been?" she asked.

We'll both be fine...

"Just been busy and stuff like that, how's your project going?" I asked changing the subject.

"It's going so well! I'll have to get you to stop by the lab sometime during this so you can see it," she continued enthusiastically.

I nodded and she didn't hand me a badge and gave one to MJ who was next to me, Ned was talking to Abe and they were both gawking over the security scanners.

"How do you know her?" MJ asked.

"She's a worker on the lower floors and she accidentally blew up something in the lab so I had to go sort out it out," I replied with a small smile on my face remembering that day.

MJ gave me a smile before Hailey began talking again, Ned came over to us and he was practically vibrating with excitement.

"Alright once you walk through the scanners Mr Stark's AI, FRIDAY, will read out your name and status," she informed.

She walked through the scanner and the light on it flicked green.

"Hailey Smith, Gamma," the AI announced.

"What does Gamma mean?" asked Jason.

"There are five levels in the tower, Omega, Gamma, Delta, Beta and Alpha. Omega has access to the first 8 floors, Gamma the next 8 floors and so on. The Alpha level is only for Avengers and their family or friends," she explained.

Flash pushed his way to the front and strutted through the scanner.

"Eugene Thompson, Omega," the AI readout.

Everyone went through and I found myself going through the scanner 4th. I walked through and held my breath hoping no one would notice.

"Peter Parker, Alpha, hello Peter, would you like me to inform boss that you're here?" the AI inquired.

"No thanks," I mumbled.

Flash was glaring at me and Abe came over and asked me how I managed to get a badge that high, I muttered something about the internship and waited for Ned and MJ to come through. Ned almost fainted when he heard HIS name read out by TONY STARK'S AI. MJ rolled her eyes at Ned's fanboying and folded her arms across her chest.

I hoisted my duffel bag further up my shoulder and followed the group into the elevator.

"So today I'll be giving you a tour around the first 8 levels and then you'll be greeted by Tony Stark and he'll tell you what the plan is," Hailey said.

We were on the 5th floor and we walked down the wide hallway until we reached a double door, this floors usually contained meeting rooms and a few guest bedrooms for interns and businessmen that have come for interviews. Hailey opened a door which revealed a large room with 4 bunk beds and a single bed, people immediately rushed in to claim their bunk and Ned and I walked towards the bunk bed in the right corner of the room. I chucked my stuff on the top bunk and jumped up onto it.

"This is so cool! We have our own room in Stark Industries!" Ned exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, are we going to meet any Avengers?" 

"Well you're already meeting Mr Stark so he's an Avenger, I don't know where the Avengers are, they might be at the compound," I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Ned you've literally met all the Avengers before," MJ sighed.

"What? There's no way Ned has met the Avengers, how?" Betty asked spinning around.

"Well, I uh, came here with Peter one time," Ned stammered.

"There's no way Parker has met the Avengers, let alone been in the same building as them," Flash taunted rolling his eyes.

I rolled my eyes back and jumped off my bunk.

"I guess we'll see how 'real' the internship is when we talk to Tony Stark, by the way, how much blood did you have to donate to get that Alpha pass?" Flash asked stepping closer to me.

"Flash, he literally knows Hailey, just leave him alone," MJ said.

"You probably slept with her to get her to act like she knows you," he spat back, "The Avengers would even glance at Peter,"

Up above

My spider-sense warned me and I sidestepped to the right just as the vent opened and Clint tumbled out onto the ground.

"You might want to think again," he said standing up and brushing himself off.

"M-Mr Barton sir, i-it's an honour to m-meet you," Flash said flustered.

"You better watch what you say kid, we have ears everywhere," Clint threatened. 

"I-I'm sorry," Flash mumbled.

Everyone else in the room immediately started chatting and asking questions to Clint while slowly moving in. I took the chance to slip away from him as the students moved in, trying to talk to him or get a better look at him. There were only nine students here including me but Clint was acting like there were twenty people in the room.

"Okay calm down everyone!" he shouted, "I have to go but you'll be able to ask me questions later!"

Clint jumped back into the vent and everyone grumbled before returning back to their bunks, the door opened and Hailey stuck her head around the door and gave us a smile.

"Everyone come with me for the tour," she said.

Everyone else excitedly got up and ran after her and MJ and I walked at a slower pace rolling our eyes. The tour was kind of boring for me and MJ was reading the whole time while the others fanboyed over everything, Ned asked me a million questions and I gave him short answers or pretended like I didn't know. A while ago I would've easily rambled to Ned about anything and everything and I would've loved answering all his questions and probably fanboying with him, but right now this was the last place I wanted to be.

It wasn't because I hated the Avengers or Tony or anything like that, it's just that the Avengers know me to well and they can read me like a book. They'll know somethings wrong and eventually, they get me to crack and tell them everything, but I didn't want to tell them what was happened. If I tell anyone then I'm just admitting to myself that it really did happen and that she really was gone...

"Okay guys, I'll leave you guys in here for a few minutes and after Mr Stark's finished talking to you I'll come back and lead you to where you're going next," Hailey explained opening a door.

We went in and I was deep in conversation with MJ about the physics behind the book she was reading and I didn't even comprehend what Hailey just said until I heard his voice.

"Hey Pete, long time no see,"