Endgame 3

Peter's POV

I went down into his lab and I saw a prosthetic arm lying on the table, I made sure Tony got into the chair properly and he flicked the arm.

"Pepper says I can only wear it for a few hours a day when I really need it," he explained, "Can you help me put it on?"

I hesitated but I knew Tony would put it on, either way, I lifted up the light arm and Tony pushed up the sleeve revealed the stump of his arm. I swallowed and ignored it as best I could as I pushed the sleeve over it and Tony made the prosthetic make a fist a few times and he nodded in satisfaction.

"Okay, now I can give you a proper hug," he said.

He stood up and hugged me and it felt good and it reassured me that he was alive, I pulled away and Tony mentioned for me to sit down. I sat down on the stool next to him and looked down at my feet, I didn't know what to say.

"Peter, how long have you been having nightmares for?" he asked.

"Not long, they don't happen often it happens sometimes though," I lied.

"FRIDAY bring up Karen's scans on Peter's sleep schedule," Tony commanded.

I silently swore under my breath as my scans came up on the hologram screen and Tony flicked through it before looked back at me.

"It shows that you've been having nightmares every night, why didn't you tell me, Peter? Why did you completely ignore me for 6 months?" he asked sternly but with some gentleness to it.

"I-I don't know," I muttered.

"Yes you do, Peter you have to tell me what's going on, I'm worried about you," he continued gently.

I dug my nails into my palm, a bad habit that I had when I was stressed. Tony noticed and pulled my hand away.

"M-May's been drinking, a lot and things have been really hard on her, you know, with me being snapped she didn't have to worry about me and didn't have to do too many shifts but when I came back things were a lot harder on her," I explained quietly.

"Okay and what about the nightmares, what are they about? Getting snapped?" Tony asked.

"No, they're about you almost dying, that's why I didn't speak to you. I couldn't see you so injured and I know that if I had gotten the gauntlet off Thanos on Titan then none of this would've happened. I was so fucking close to getting the gauntlet off but I just couldn't hold onto it," I mumbled.

"Whoa, I'm going to stop you there. Peter, Thanos was one of the strongest people alive it was incredible that you even landed a kick on him, you came closer to getting the gauntlet off him than anyone besides Carol after the snap," he said, "Don't you dare blame yourself for this, as for your Aunt I'll go talk to her and try and get her into therapy, you and your Aunt can stay here for as long as you guys like until things are stable,"

"No, Tony I can't do that, you've done enough for me," I argued.

"No, I'm not hearing it, now skedaddle Peter I have to make a phone call," Tony replied.

I smiled and hugged Tony thanking him, he chuckled and hugged me back.

"Happiness looks good on you Pete," he stated.

I rolled my eyes and left the garage feeling like a weight had been lifted off my chest...

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the short chapter and bad ending, new oneshot should be coming soon! I'm thinking to do a field trip one soon. Thanks for reading!

<3