Breakup

Tony's POV

It was summer break and I haven't heard from the kid in two weeks which was extremely odd, I tried looking up reports on Spider-Man and bringing up his vitals but he seemed fine. He hasn't even put on the suit in two weeks which is how I know somethings wrong, he hasn't left the apartment at all and I was beginning to think something was wrong with the tracker. 

"Why don't you just visit the kid to make sure he's alright?" Pepper suggested not looking up from her book.

I sighed and finally gave in to the idea, I called my suit and then flew over to Queens to the familiar apartment building. I went up the flights of stairs and stopped in front of the door with the numbers 72 painted on the front. 

I raised my fist to knock on the door but it opened before I could knock, May almost crashed into me but I managed to catch her before she tripped.

"Tony! What are you doing here?" May asked after brushing herself down.

"I've come to check up on Peter. I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks so I just want to make sure he's okay," I replied.

May's face fell and she lowered her voice.

"His girlfriend cheated on him and it's Ben's and his parent's death anniversary throughout these past two weeks. You can go inside but he's kind of sensitive right now," May replied, "I'm sorry I would stay but I've already taken a few shifts off work and I need to pay the bills,"

"It's alright, I'll take Peter to the tower," I replied.

May flashed me a grateful smile and said thanks before rushing off, I went inside the apartment and there was a slight ringing sound that echoed around the silence. It was so unusual for the apartment to be this quiet. 

I went down the hallway and cracked open Peter's door, it was dark outside but for some reason, it felt like it was darker in Peter's room. Light from the hallway flooded into the room and Peter pulled the covers over his head. I went into his room and closed his bedroom door behind me.

"Hey, kid," 

"T'ny? What are you doing here?" Peter mumbled.

"I've come to check up on you and to get you out of your room," I replied sitting down on his desk chair.

I noticed an empty ice cream tub on the ground with a spoon and I shook my head while I sighed, I pulled open his blinds and moonlight lit up the room a little bit.

"Close the blinds," came Peter muffled voice from under the blankets.

"C 'mon, my favourite kid can't turn into an emo," I said tugging his blanket.

"I'm not emo! I just need to stay like this for a few hundred years and I should be fine," he argued.

I chuckled and stood up.

"Well too bad, I'm not going to let you stay in here,"

I grabbed his ankles and lifted him up into the air and over my shoulder, the kid was incredibly light so it was easy to carry him into the living room. I dropped him onto the couch and he groaned and rolled onto the floor with a loud thump, I couldn't help but laugh as he let out an emotionless 'ow'.

"If you don't get up right now I will carry you all the way back to the tower," I threatened.

Peter groaned but pushed himself to his feet, he was wearing grey sweatpants and a oversized navy blue hoodie. He face was pale and his curls were sticking up in every direction but he stepped into some slides as I opened the door. I had Happy pick us up and I made him put up the divider so Happy couldn't hear us.

"I'm exhausted," Peter said.

"You literally just walked to the car," I replied.

"Exactly,"

I rolled my eyes and I tried to talk to him but he replied with short answers and fiddled with his hoodie strings. We finally arrived at the tower and the Avengers were sitting in the living room while the tv played in the background.

"Hey Peter," they all chorused.

"Hey," he mumbled.

Peter turned around to go into his room but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Uh-uh, you're staying out here to socialize," I said.

"But Tonyyy," he began to complain.

"What are you five?" I scoffed while smiling.

"Yeah, five heads taller than you," he said.

"Ooh!" everyone screamed.

The Avengers were cackling with laughter and I rolled my eyes.

"Very funny young man," I said before pushing Peter down on the couch.

"What's up Peter, it looks like you just crawled out from under a rock," Clint pointed out.

"He did," I chimed in.

"It doesn't matter, it's not important," Peter mumbled.

"Did someone hurt you? I swear I will kill them," Bucky said.

"No, it's not that. My girlfriend just cheated on me," Peter replied.

Bucky, Nat and Wanda all shot up into the air with their knives and powers ready."

"Where does she live?"

"What's her name?

"I'm going to kill her!"

"It's fine, it's not a big deal," Peter shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Peter while turning off the lights, I let Sam pick the movie and like always he picked a horror movie. Most of the Avengers shrieked at jump scares and jumped when it happened except Peter because his Spider-sense warned him when it was coming and that's how we managed to cheer Peter up. 

Even if his happiness doesn't last until tomorrow, but at least he's happy right now and that's all that matters.

Oh, the girl that cheated on Peter. Let's just say she never got into any college ;)

Thanks for reading, there will be a new oneshot up soon. Sorry, I haven't been as active I'm just going through some stuff and I'm trying to socialize with people a bit more to see if it helps my mental health and stuff. 

<3