Far From Home 2

Peter's POV

I noticed a bobbing sensation and I felt myself slipping, I opened my eyes and I almost fell off the oil bin I was holding onto. I was in the ocean, luckily I was right next to the tower but the shock of it still threw me off. I swam over to the tower and stuck to the base and climbed up it shivering, the city seemed silent and I knew something was going on. 

I managed to gather up enough strength to swing back to my apartment and in through the window, May should've been up by now since it was 8:00 am. I took my mask off and my suit because it was dripping wet, I changed and went into the main area but May wasn't there. I saw a note on the table and it told me to call her when I got back.

"Hello?" came May's voice.

"Hey May, it's me, is everything alright? What's going on?" I asked worriedly.

"Otto released a gas in Central New York and it affected a lot of people, I had to go into work to help all those people and we're flat out. Are you okay Peter, what happened?" she asked.

"I'm fine I just blacked out, listen May, is it contagious because I don't want you getting sick. How bad is the infection?" I asked.

"We don't know if it's contagious but we have masks on and we are doing everything to make sure we can't catch it. 50 people have already died from it and the hospital is basically full of patients and more people are still coming in," she explained, "Listen I have to go, Happy called and said he needs you in Africa with him, a jet is coming to pick you up at the Avenger's Tower 6 o'clock tonight, you'll only be staying there for a night and then coming back, I love you, Peter," 

"I love you too May, please stay safe," I replied.

She hung up and I sighed and guilt filled me. If I had stopped Otto then the gas would have affected all those people and New York would be fine. But I failed and I had to go to Africa tomorrow so I wouldn't be around to protect it, I sighed and quickly pulled my suit back on and swung to the tower to continue to work on my new suit to distract my mind. Otto wasn't around during the day time so I knew I had time to think of something.

I spent the whole day making my new suit and around 5:00 pm it was finally done, it had all my programming and my own design + web-shooters.

I swung back to the apartment in it and I loved the new features and it also had other stuck to withstand Otto. I grabbed a backpack with a spare change of clothes in it and swung back to the tower and changed into those spare clothes, I placed my suit in my bag along with the web-shooters and mask and finally, the jet landed outside the Avengers base. I shot a quick text to May saying to be safe and I jumped onto the plane, no one was in the jet besides the pilot and co-pilot. 

I looked out the window and slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about the poisonous gas that infected hundreds of people in New York...

When I opened my eyes it was morning in Africa and it was also really hot, I looked out the window and saw that we were in front of a large house. I frowned and decided to leave my bag in the jet, I walked down the stairs and Happy came out to meet me. 

"Hey, kid, listen before you go inside I have to warn you about something," Happy said.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked cautiously.

"It was a big shock to me as well and I know this is going to be hard to hear but it's about Tony," Happy continued.

I frowned, what was going on? An uneasy feeling came over me and my anxiety levels rose up a few notches.

"What about him?" 

"I'm right here," came a voice.

I looked in the direction of the house and I saw Tony standing there with a prosthetic arm, it took a few seconds for my brain to register what was happening and my spider-sense started blaring.

He's dead, this isn't real, it's an illusion

I hadn't even noticed that I had pulled a knife out of my pocket that Bucky gave me and I was crouched down in a defensive position.

"Peter put the knife away, we're not here to hurt you," Happy warned.

"This is an illusion isn't it, you're not real," I snapped.

"What are you talking about, this is real," Tony said stepping forward.

I stood up but held my knife tightly, Tony took enough step forward and on instinct, I threw the knife towards him, a shield came flying forward and blocked the knife and came towards me. I kicked the shield and I was surprised when my foot came in contact with it instead of falling right through like an illusion would.

I saw Cap standing there and my spider-sense blared even stronger.

Beck, run! Get out now!

"Don't even think about it Beck, I'm not falling for your games anymore," I snapped.

"Peter, Beck is dead, you saw him die, this is all real," Happy said.

Happy took a step forward and that's when I took off running through the dusty ground, I didn't even know where I was going but I had to get out of there. 

I heard people calling out my name but I kept running, my senses tuned in and I heard footsteps close behind me. I was about to dodge out of the way but a strong person tackled me to the ground, I elbowed them in the face and scrambled away from them and to my feet. Steve was there and he held out his hands in surrender.

"Peter, it's me Steve Rogers, I'm not an illusion or this Beck person, I promise," he said.

"Tell me something only you and I would know," I replied.

"Remember in Germany, I dropped a freight container on you and I asked you where you were from and you said Queens and then later on when we were fighting Thanos I didn't know your name so I called you Queens and threw the hammer towards you," he said.

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that he wasn't Beck because there was no way he could know about that. But that didn't mean that 'Tony' was Beck and he was fooling everyone.

"Are you sure Tony is real?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess, I haven't thought about it," Steve replied.

A car was driving towards us and my spider-sense flared up again, I was on high alert as the doors opened and Happy and Tony got out.

"Tell me something you only would know," I asked them.

"You asked me this question before and I said the movie thing in Germany," Happy replied without hesitation.

I looked at Tony and he was frowned at me.

"Why do you need to know something like that?" Tony asked.

"Just answer the question, something only you and I would know," I repeated sternly.

"I came to your house for the first time and when I asked you to go to Germany you denied it and said you weren't Spider-Man and then I found your suit in the attic," he said.

I relaxed and came to the conclusion that everything was fine and Beck wasn't here and he wasn't making any illusions but then the full force hit me. Tony was alive, he was right here standing in front of me.

"If you're not an illusion then what the hell are you doing here?"