Death

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS PRETTY SAD 

also there is an obvious movie reference, tell me what movie it's from if you find it ;)

Peter's POV

"Peter hey! I thought you were ignoring my calls for a second," MJ said as I picked up the phone.

"MJ, MJ are you okay?" I asked desperately.

"Am I okay? Yeah why?" she asked confused.

"There's been an attack on Queens," I sighed.

"Peter what kind of attack?"

"An Avengers level threat," 

"Peter, I know what you're going to say, I know you're going to go out there but please don't do it-"

"I have to MJ,"

"No please, Peter, why do you always have to go!" 

"It's what Mr Stark would've wanted!"

There was a pause and I heard MJ take a shaky breath in.

"It's what Mr Stark would've wanted?" she repeated, "No Peter what he would've wanted is for you to stay safe!"

"I'm sorry MJ, I have to go, I love you,"

"No Peter, please don't go, please!"

I hung up and the screen went black, I sighed and my guilt building up in my chest and swung over to where the attack was. Ever since Tony died not many Avengers have been around, it's mainly just, Sam, Rhodey, Bucky and I but we've never dealt with an attack this big before.

Guns were being fired, punches thrown and building being exploded, I was helping citizens get out of the buildings while Bucky, Sam and Rhodey dealt with the guy that was making it all happen.

"Peter how can I help?" asked Morgan.

My head snapped up and Morgan was in the rescue suit that technically belonged to Pepper but she liked to steal it.

"Morgan you need to leave, this is dangerous for you to be here!" I demanded.

"I can help Peter! You guys need all the help you can get!" she argued.

"No, we don't! Get out of here Morgan, it's dangerous for you to be here!" 

I swung over to another building roof as the building I was just in started to collapse, thankfully I had already evacuated everyone from the buildings around this area. 

"I can't just go home when you're out here risking your life! Dad would be proud of me if I followed his legacy!" Morgan shouted.

"I know he'd be proud of you Morgan but he'd also want you to stay out of danger," I said remembering that MJ basically said the exact same thing to me on the phone before.

"PETER!" Rhodey screamed.

I saw the guy flying towards Morgan and with a knife outstretched, I grabbed Morgan's arm and pulled her down onto the ceiling and pushed her away. The guy growled in frustration and I shot a web at him dragging him towards me, I kicked him in the stomach and he was flying over to where Bucky was. Bucky punched him with his metal arm and the guy let out a screech throwing knives everywhere. 

Everything felt numb, it felt like a sharp punch to the chest but I never expected it, my spider-sense didn't even warn me that it was coming. The sounds of screams, gunshots and bombs all disappeared and all I could hear was a ringing sound and my vision was swaying. I stumbled and my stomach swooped, I couldn't remember how to shoot my webs but it was too late, pain radiated all throughout my body and my head was throbbing.