Blackmailed

Tony's POV

Sometimes life seems unfair. It always rains the hardest on the people who deserve the sun. This is the case for my new adoptive son, Peter. His Aunt died two weeks ago and I don't know how he's handling it. I'm not good with teenagers or children so me adopting a depressed teenager was a complete shock to people that didn't know about him. 

Peter hasn't really talked to anyone and since the funeral, he's faking a smile but when he retreats into his room I see him just staring at the ceiling doing nothing. Ever since he's been going back to school I can tell things haven't improved, I've offered to talk and so have all the Avengers but apparently, he's fine. I don't know what to do but I'm just hoping that with time things will heal...

Peter's POV

Going back to school was confusing and stressful, the school had already told everyone about my Aunt's death so when I walked down the hallways people would give me sympathetic looks and move on quickly. 

Halfway through science class, I felt tears prick my eyes, the teacher was explaining stuff about the heart and memories of May's heart monitor flatlined came into my mind. Before I knew what I was doing I grabbed my bag and sprinted out of the classroom, I ran out the back of the school and easily leapt over the tall gate. I ran down the nearest alleyway and pulled off my clothes to reveal my suit underneath, I stuffed my clothes back into my bag and grabbed my mask. I jumped up onto the roof of the nearest building and threw my bag there and pulled on my mask, I swung away from the place just to clear my head.

"Hello Peter, you seem to be in distress, would you like me to contact Tony?" Karen asked.

"No, no, I'm fine thanks, Karen, I just need to clear my head," I muttered back.

The AI stayed silent after that and I stopped a few minor things around the city before swinging up to the Empire State building. Everything was so peaceful up here, the people and cars looked a lot smaller from up here and the sounds were a bit quieter, I leant back onto the building and sighed but the peaceful atmosphere was interrupted by an incoming call.

"Answer," I told Karen.

"Hey kid, are you okay? Your school just called me and said you ran out of class," Tony's worried voice said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just one of those days you know?" I lied.

"Yeah, do you want to come back to the tower? Everyone's here and we're about to do some training," Tony offered.

"No thanks, I'm patrolling right now so I'll keep doing this, I'll be back before dinner," I replied.

"Okay stay safe kid,"

"Yep, see ya,"

I hung up and looked down at the ground miles below, I sighed and shot a web onto the building opposite the Empire State building. I let myself fall and the web caught me and I swung back up. 

After a kind of awkward dinner, I went back into my room. My computer was still on and I saw that I had an email, I closed my blinds and sank into my desk chair clicking on the email and I froze.

Hello Peter,

I know you're Spider-Man if you don't do as I say then I'll leak these photos all over the internet, trust me, I know how to make things go on the trending page.

I saw the photos of me in my suit in the alleyway after I ran out of school, I cursed myself and ran my hands through my hair and tried not to freak out. How could I be so careless? The one thing May wanted me to do was to keep my identity so I could always have a normal life. I failed, again.

I looked at the email again and slammed my computer lid shut and leant back into my chair and tried my hardest not to cry. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and it creaked open, Tony's head peered around the door.

"Hey kid, you alright?" he asked.

"Y-Yeah," I lied.

"I heard a loud noise," 

"I was just annoyed at my homework, sorry," I lied.

Tony gave a small chuckle and opened his mouth to say something else but he closed it and gave me a small smile before leaving and closing my door behind him. 

I wanted to tell Tony about the email, I wanted to explode and tell him everything that I was feeling but I couldn't. He was a billionaire and Iron Man, he would not care about my stupid moody teenager stuff. 

I opened my computer up again and clicked the reply button on the email, my fingers hovered over the keyboard while I racked my brain and tried to think of a way to reply.

"FRIDAY can you track this?" I asked.

"Sure thing Peter," the AI replied.

I waited for a few seconds before the AI responded.

"I am unable to track the sender of that email, would you like me to contact Tony and ask for help?" 

"No, thanks FRI," I replied.

I turned back to the email and replied asking who the person was and what they wanted, after a few emails sent back and forth I had concluded that this person was Flash, MJ told me that he ran out of the classroom after me and didn't come back for the rest of the day. I also zoomed in on the picture and in the reflection of a window you could see Flash's outline and the clothes he was wearing that day.

I didn't have any time to waste, I pulled on my suit and swung over to his house, I tapped on the window and I saw him look alarmed when he saw Spider-Man there. I rolled my eyes under my mask and opened the window from the outside.

"S-S-Spider-Man, what a-are you d-doing here?" he stammered.

"Cut the bullshit, I know you're sending me those emails," I snapped.

"W-What, that's n-not me!" he lied.

I shot a web at his arm and trapped it against his wall, he whimpered and I pulled out one of Natasha's knives.

"No, no, no, I'm sorry Peter, it was me, I'll delete the pictures and I won't tell anyone, I promise," he pleaded.

"Good, if those pictures are leaked then I'll come back here with the full force of the Avengers," I lied.

I wasn't going to stab him or come back with the Avengers, I just had to make sure he deleted them otherwise everything May wanted would be gone...

Hey Guys!

Part 2 coming soon!