Overnight field trip

A/N: I will have an OC in the chapter, Hallie, from my other Spider-Man fanfic, Every Falling Star. She'll be mentioned in this chapter but this is NOT her plotline I'm just using her character, Hallie isn't really in this chapter but she's mentioned. She is Peter's girlfriend. Also sorry for the cliche field trip trope but I'm putting my own spin on it!

Recommend checking out Every Falling Star! 

Peter's POV

"Peter!" 

I looked up at Mr Harrington and everyone I noticed my whole decathlon team was looking at me.

"Are you with us now?" he asked.

I nodded and Mr Harrington began to ramble on about how well we did at our national competition.

"I have managed to book us an overnight field trip at Stark Industries!" he announced excitedly.

Most of the students looked at each other in excitement and matched the same enthusiasm as Mr Harrington. 

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe we get to stay in Stark Industries!" Ned exclaimed.

"You've literally stayed in the tower when Peter invited you over," MJ said with a bored expression on her face.

"I know but still, that was one time," he continued.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at my thumbs and fiddled with them staying silent, like always.

"Yo Parker good luck coming up with an excuse to get out of this one!" Flash jeered across the classroom.

I gave him a thumbs up and rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag and followed everyone else out the door.

"Hey Peter, are you- you know, going patrolling tonight?" Ned asked in a hushed tone.

"No," I replied flatly.

"Come on Peter, it's been months since you went out. What about all those people that need your help? The news reports are going crazy and most of them think you're dead," he argued.

"Well that's not my problem anymore, sorry, I gotta run, bye," I replied quickly before running down the street.

I caught the subway to May's apartment and when I came in I heard that the tv was on, I dropped my bag onto the barstool and walked into the main area.

"Hey Pete, how was decathlon?" she asked.

"Yeah, it was alright, except for the stupid overnight field trip. Do I have to go May?" I asked sitting on the couch next to her.

"Why don't you want to go? Where are you guys even going?" she asked focussing her attention on me instead of the tv.

"Stark Industries," I replied glumly.

"You used to go there every weekend and spend time there, the field trip would basically be the same thing," May argued, "Plus, you haven't been in the past few months and Tony's been wondering where you are,"

"That's exactly why I don't want to go there, he'll be convinced that there's something wrong but there isn't!" 

"Peter, even I know something happened. I'm always here to talk if you need to whether it's related to your girlfriend or anything else," May offered.

I sighed and took a deep breath, there was no way I could talk about it, not yet.

"I'm fine May, honestly, just stressed out about stuff," I lied giving her a fake smile.

She studied me for a moment before turning back to the tv.

"You're still going to that field trip, c 'mon give me the form," she replied holding out her hand.

I groaned and grabbed the form passing it over to her, she read over everything and smiled before signing it.

"What's the smug look for?" I asked.

"You're staying there for three nights," she said, "You're leaving tomorrow so you better pack your bag now,"

"What! No, May I can't go on that trip," I complained.

"Too bad, don't you dare think about throwing away the form, I'll be sending an email to Mr Harrington saying you can go so you can't get out of it," she replied.

I groaned again before dragging myself down the hallway and into my room softly closing the door behind me. I lent against my wall and slid down, I found myself doing this a lot, just staring at the ceiling or wall just wishing that everything would disappear and I could forget about that horrible night.

I packed the stuff I needed into a duffel bag and flopped onto my bed, my room was a mess. Random bits of metal, screws and cogs littered my desk when I was stressed I would always take things apart and put them back together, or add things to them. It was a bad habit I picked up from Tony, sometimes when I went over to his lab when I was stressed I'd take apart multiple things and put them back together like Tony usually did when he was bored. I stared up at the top bunk of my bed and frowned at it, did Tony know what happened that night? I sighed and pushed away the thought as I pulled the covers over me and closing my eyes as I tried to forget what happened...

"Let me go, it's okay," she said in a small, scared voice.

"No, I can't, I won't," I replied holding onto her hand tighter.

"Please, it'll be okay," she cried, "The world needs you, not me,"

"I don't care, please, I need you I don't care what happens to anyone else," I sobbed.

The flames drew closer and the burning building collapsed in on itself more, the flames below Hallie raged up and I tried to pull her up but the beam I was holding onto croaked and cracked more. The building was about the explode and I didn't have much time, but I had no webs and no other way to get Hallie to safety.

"I love you, we'll both be okay," she said.

She grabbed a pocket knife out of her pocket and stabbed my wrist, I yelled out in pain but before I could realise what happened Hallie was already falling. I tried to shoot out web but my web-shooters were empty, I saw Hallie's frightened face and the fire engulfed her...

I shot up in my bed and hit my head against the top bunk, I groaned and took a few deep breaths to calm my breathing down. I stumbled out of my bed and squinted as the light shone through my open window, I frowned, it was already morning. I heard May cooking breakfast in the kitchen and sighed before getting changed into a navy coloured hoodie and jeans, I pushed my hair out of my face and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Pete, did you get a good night sleep?" she asked worriedly when she saw me.

"Yeah, I'm just tired for some reason though," I lied.

May smiled and pushed a plate of avocado toast in front of me, I ate quietly - dreading the overnight field trip I had to go on. I thanked May for breakfast and washed up everything before returning to my room and grabbing my duffel bag. I looked at the time and knew that I should leave now if I wanted to make it to school on time, I walked back out into the room and May gave me a smile and hugged me.

"Everything will be fine, stop worrying," she said.

"I know, I got to got, bye May I love you!" I called as I left out the door.

When I arrived at school everyone was talking loudly as we got onto the bus, I sighed and looked out the window as we took the familiar path to Stark Industries, this was going to be the worst trip ever...

Sorry, I'm trying to work on shoutouts but I can't keep track of them all. I'll try and do them in the next few chapters. Thanks for all the amazing comments and I just love you guys so much! Next part coming soon!

REQUESTS OPEN

<3