Overnight field trip 4

(Sorry this chapter is going to be short because I kind of lost motivation to write this oneshot and I have a better idea)

-- Time skip brought to you by Loki's hair --

Last day

"Okay guys, we have a special guest coming today so Hailey will lead you outside and you'll wait there for the guest to come," Tony said.

Everyone started talking excitedly and moved towards the door, I went to follow them but Tony called me back. MJ was the last person to walk through the door and she shut it behind her, I looked back at Tony and he threw something at me. I easily caught it and saw my suit, mask and web-shooters. I looked back at Tony with a raised eyebrow and he chuckled.

"You're the special guest, now go and get out there," he said.

"What? No, I can't go out there, they'll find out my secret identity. Plus I'm pretty sure I can't swing from buildings anymore," I lied.

"Either you go out as Spider-Man or you tell me what's really going on with you. I already know something happened with your girlfriend but like your friend MJ said you need to tell me how she died because I can see that the guilt is eating you alive," Tony said.

"Fine, I'll go. I really hate you sometimes," I muttered walking out of the room.

"I'll find out the truth, either way, Peter, are you sure you don't want to tell me?" Tony asked.

I shook my head and went into the bathroom quickly changing into my suit, I climbed out the window and jumped off the building and swung down onto the grass outside. Everyone immediately started asking questions and thankfully Hailey told everyone to calm down, I did a Q and A first and then I took everyone on a small swing around the tower before they all got the chance to use my web-shooters. 

"Excuse me Spider-Man, why haven't you been around recently?" Betty asked.

"I've uh, been busy with other off the grid type of stuff," I lied.

"Should we see you around New York soon?" Abe inquired.

I paused thinking about his question, doing this session made me miss being Spider-Man even more and Hallie did say that the world needed Spider-Man.

"Y-Yeah, I guess you'll start seeing me around more," I said.

I looked towards MJ and Ned and they were both smiling at me, for the rest of the time I just talked to the group and it was so funny to see Flash trying to get me to notice him. Finally when my session finished I said goodbye to everyone and swung around to the other side of the tower and climbed in through the window and changed back into my normal clothes. I stuffed my suit in a random closet and walked back to the room where all the others were.

"Peter where were you?" Abe asked.

"Tony wanted me to help him with something," I lied.

"Yeah right, Tony Stark hasn't even talked to you on this whole trip," Flash jeered.

Everyone came to my defence and started telling Flash the times that Tony talked to me and he fell silent and stalked away to pack his bag. I shoved everything I brought into my duffel bag and hoisted it onto my shoulder as we waited for the last few people to pack up there stuff. 

-- Another time skip because I have no motivation --

I sat on the top of the Empire State building and looked out among everything, it felt good to be out patrolling again and the citizens were definitely happy about it. 

I sighed, I promised Hallie I'd bring her up here again one day. But I couldn't do that anymore, I looked up at the stars and they shone brightly against the night sky. I heard the sound of Tony's suit and I was prepared to jump off the building to swing away from him but when Tony said my name it sounded like he was about to cry. 

"Is everything okay Mr Stark?" I asked worriedly.

Tony got out of his suit and walked forward and hugged me tightly. I frowned, what had happened? Did May get injured? Did something happen to the Avengers?

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" I asked pulling away from him.

"I found the camera footage of what happened that night with your girlfriend," he said quietly.

"Oh..."

I looked down at the ground unsure of what to say.

"It wasn't your fault, you did everything you could," Tony said gently.

"I'm sorry, that was the reason I was patrolling or going to see you because every time I put on the suit it reminded me of her and I couldn't bring myself to go to the tower because I knew that you'd figure it out and get me to talk. I didn't want to tell anyone because if I said it out loud then I'd be admitting to myself that she really is gone," I rambled.

I pulled off my mask and wiped away the tears that were falling down my face, Tony hugged me again and patted my back.

"It's okay, I'm not mad I just want to help you," Tony said.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered.

Tony sat me down and after a few minutes he managed to calm me down and I looked up at the sky and saw a star shoot across and fall over the horizon. A smile appeared on my face.

Every Falling Star.

Sorry about this crappy story guys, at the start, I had a lot of motivation but towards the end, I decided to cut it short because I didn't have the motivation to write it anymore. Anyway, new one-shot should be coming soon!

<3