Far From Home 3

Tony's POV

I was stupid to think that things were always going to be the same when I came back. I was expecting everything to go back to the way everything was before the first snap, but that wasn't possible, things have changed and the people have too. 

When I broke the news to Peter of how I'm still alive he didn't take it well, Happy told me that he felt betrayed and I could kind of understand that. I was in a coma for 6 months after the snap so I've been alive and well for a year and a bit and I didn't tell anyone except Rhodey, Pepper and Morgan of course. I wanted to live in retirement for the rest of my life so then people wouldn't bother me when I'm with Morgan but after almost 2 years of living like this, I didn't want to do it anymore. I was still retiring from being Iron Man but I wanted to work with Stark Industries again and most importantly, I wanted to see Peter. 

He felt betrayed that I hid this from him for so long and Happy told me that he's been through a lot since I've been 'gone'. The bright happy, bubbly kid I used to know was gone, maybe it was my fault or maybe it was just the pressure of everything that has happened. I hadn't seen the kid in five years since he was snapped and then he comes back only for me to disappear for another two years leaving him all alone. I was stupid to think that he wouldn't change, stupid to think that he wasn't going to be okay after everything that has happened. I wanted to talk to him again and I wanted things to go back to the way they were, but it just wasn't possible.

I sat on the couch staring at the black tv screen thinking about all of this, Peter yelled at me and ran out of the room when I told him I've been alive for 2 years and didn't tell him. He felt betrayed as Happy said, it felt weird to see Happy care for the kid so much and Happy was basically a father figure to him and I wasn't. I sighed and leaned back against the couch.

"Hey Tony, how did the talk go?" Pepper asked sitting down next to me.

"Horrible, somethings happened Pep. I know he's angry at me for hiding this secret from him for so long but I can tell something happened with a guy called Beck. Happy told me he used to work for me and something happened between him and Peter but Happy won't tell me what it is," I explained.

"Just give him some time to cool down, he's been through a lot you know, you two basically haven't seen each in seven years so to find out you're alive must be a bit of a shock," Pepper replied soothingly.

"But he leaves tomorrow with Happy to go back to New York,"

"And we're leaving for New York soon as well and then you can talk to him," 

I sighed and Pepper kissed my temple.

"He's a good kid, everything will turn out fine," she reassured me.

I got up and went outside to find Morgan and that's when I saw Peter sitting with her underneath a tree.

"Do you have to go again?" Morgan asked sweetly.

"Yeah, I have a responsibility to take care of in New York," Peter replied.

"But I haven't seen you in ages and daddy's missed you so much,"

There was a pause and Peter looked down at the dry ground and fiddled with a small rock in his hands.

"He used to tell me stories about you, and how you saved his life multiple times. He said he'd do anything to get you back. But you're back now but daddy still doesn't seem happy," Morgan said.

"Things are just kind of complicated right now, I didn't know he existed for 2 years so in that time I've moved on and kind of accepted that he was gone," Peter replied quietly.

"But you were gone for 5 years and Dad still didn't believe you were gone forever," 

"I know but it was a different type of gone," Peter replied.

There was silence for a bit and Peter sighed and threw his rock away.

"He still loves you and cares about you a lot," Morgan said.

"Things have changed Morgan, your dad is retired now and he doesn't need to look out for me. He has other things to do like take care of you and watch you grow up and I can't be there for that," Peter replies.

"Why not? You're apart of our family too," Morgan insists.

"Things just aren't the same Morgan, I don't think they'll ever be the same," 

I sighed and went back inside, I did care about Peter but as he said. Things had changed and nothing was the same but I could only hope that he'd forgive me and everything would be fine with us again. In the beginning, he was just a person I recruited to help fight and then he turned into an intern and then he was basically a son to me but I wasn't prepared to lose him. I got a second chance, I have a daughter but I'd never forget the reason why I wanted to have one in the first place. 

2 weeks later

We were back in New York and I had announced to the world that I was still alive but retired and the shock had died down a bit. It took a while to get used to everything that had happened, Happy was dating May which was a massive shock to me but it was good because Happy could keep an eye on Peter for me. 

I tried to talk to him but he never replied and literally jumped out of the window when I would come into the apartment. I tried contacting him through his Iron Spider suit and the red and blue suit but he hadn't worn them in two years which was confusing. 

I've seen him training with Bucky and it took me a while to accept that he was 17 almost 18 and he'd grown a lot stronger. The bright, bubbly kid I knew was gone, died with the snap and replaced with someone I didn't know too well. 

That night I was sitting on the couch with Morgan and she was playing on Pepper's phone, I was flicking through the channels when I stopped when the news appeared. 

LIVE: SPIDER-MAN FIGHTING DOCTOR OCTAVIUS TO SAVE NEW YORK

DEVIL'S BREATH POISONING HAS KILLED 5,000 PEOPLE

I froze, I heard about the devil's breath poisoning and how Doctor Octavious had spread it amongst the city. The camera footage was shaky but I could make out Spider-Man swinging around and dodging the tentacles and my heart was leaping out of my chest in worry. I could see blood on his suit and he wasn't doing good, I could tell the devil's breath had already taken a toll on him.

My phone rang and I saw Happy's contact on the screen, I scrambled for my phone and held it up to my ear.

"Come down to F.E.A.S.T, the kid needs your help, he's getting the antidote off Otto and you need to take it," Happy explains quickly.

"On my way," I replied.

"Daddy, where are you going?" Morgan asked worriedly.

"I have to go help your brother, I'll be right back pumpkin," I said kissing her forehead.

"Please be careful daddy," she said with tears in her eyes.

"I will, I promise I'm coming back,"