06: Curious

BRENA'S party mood withered away after Lillian's unanticipated departure. Anyhow, she was both delighted and stunned to see Damien at the club. That didn't mean she was willing to let her best friend go home with someone they both didn't know very well.

She felt like she should have stopped Lillian but she believed it was the universe nudging her to take a chance that she believes Lillian is scared to. Brena truly wanted them to talk during the ride to Lillian's house but she decided to follow them just to make ensure that Lillian is safe.

When Brena sees Damien stop by the deli store, she texts Lillian but she gets no response. She's guessing that Lillian must have fallen asleep. Shortly after they arrive at her house, Brena notices a car parked out front when she pulls up behind Damien's car.

She wasn't sure if it was a visitor or a neighbor so I disregards it.

As Damien takes Lillian inside, Brena observes how compatible they look together. Lillian seems relaxed and safe in his arms but mainly drunk. Minutes went by and she was about to step out of the car until Brena sees someone she couldn't recognize, storming out of Lillian's house.

An angry, stressed out looking Lillian is right behind this furious individual. Brena gets out of her car too make sure everything was okay. As she approaches them, Brena is able to hear the conversation clearer.

She can see Lillian running after this mysterious person. "Wait, wait. Slow down damn!" Lillian shouts.

"For what? is this why you've been distant? Over a man? Are you fucking kidding me?"

As she walks closer, Brena gets a good look at the person. To her surprise, it's Tamia Ricks. Tamia, also known as Mia, was their classmate back in high school whom Brena hasn't seen since they graduated. She was and still is insanely gorgeous but her attitude was awful. She yells something in Spanish towards the end but Brena couldn't understand what it meant.

Back in high school, Brena envied her. She wished she had her body. Fast forward to this moment, Brena is glad that her body had time to develop into its rightful shape. As Lillian and Tamia go back and forth, what Brena didn't understand was her reason for being here. The conversation didn't make sense until she hears Lillian's response.

"It's not what you think. You're acting as if you saw me fucking him I didn't even know you were coming over. Let alone inside."

"I mean why wouldn't you? I saw your text earlier so I wanted to surprise you and show you that I wasn't upset with you anymore but apparently your hands were full..well his hands were."

~~***~~

A FEW MINUTES AGO

Tonight was not what Lillian expected at all. If this secret could explode right in her face then she wonders what would happen when everything else comes to light.

"What the fuck?" Damien and Mia say in unison.

Everything else happened so fast. Lillian jumps down from Damien's grip so quickly when she sees Mia, who looks as if she was ready to rip Lillian's head off and feed it to the wolves. Tamia's eyes hold the flame of a dragon as she stares at Lillian like she just committed the most unforgivable sin in the world. Damien has the same look written all over his face but his eyes mainly held confusion.