29.2: Trust Again

DESMOND got off the phone with Henry and returned to his bedroom. He packed up his clothes along with other essential items before going to wake Brena up. He twisted the doorknob cautiously, trying to avoid the loud creaking sound that usually comes from the door. Leaving a small opening, he strolled to Brena's side.

Standing there for about 10 seconds, Desmond took the time to take in her beauty. Something he always found himself doing unknowingly. He was in love with everything about her. Sadly, this wasn't the time to pull the romantic act from his hat of many tricks.

"Brena." He taps her shoulder softly. "Wake up."

Brena lets out a low whimper while blinking her eyes continually as she turns her body to her left-hand side to sit up straight.

"Why is it that you always seem to wake me up when I'm enjoying my sleep?" She pouts, stretching her arms above her head to yawn.

A deep chuckle from Desmond's lips helps Brena to shed the sleep from her brain as he moved closer to her and took a seat on the side of the bed.

"You're funny. But we have to go." 

Brena scoots further inside the bed giving him more room as she pulls the covers closer to her body. As he begins to explain everything Henry informed him over the phone, his words become muffled as she stares at him and gets lost in his gray-hazel eyes. 

"Brena?" Desmond calls out while squinting.

"Yeah. Sorry about that." She apologizes, feeling nervous about getting caught.

As she glances up at the ceiling to shake off the thoughts in her head, Desmond smiles to himself with pride knowing he affected her just as she did on him.

"Where are we going now? I'm getting real tired of being tossed around like some kinda package." She says annoyingly, frowning.

Desmond sighs defeatedly making his broad shoulders fall flat. Deep down, he wished he knew exactly what was going on in Brena's life. He was extremely oblivious and couldn't wait to meet Henry so he could get some answers to put his mind to rest.

"I have a cabin in Connecticut." He says, standing up to his feet with his hand stretched out to assistant Brena, who was trying to get out of bed as well.

"I've sent the address to your friend Henry and the car is ready so we should get there in about," He pauses and lifts his left wrist to check the time on his yellow gold Audemars Piguet watch.

"3 hours."

As Brena peels the covers off her body, she swings her body over the bed while holding onto Desmond's hand. Her legs begin to shake uncontrollably, throwing off her balance. She nearly fall flat to the ground but instantaneously, Desmond pushes his body forward with open arms, and catches her by holding on tightly to her waist.

As he pulls her up, he stares into her dark brown eyes. "Does this look familiar?" He asks coyly.

A smirk forms on Brena's lips as soon as his words click in her head. "Yeah. Another thing you always seem to do." She wraps her hands around his neck as they come back up.

"Which is?" Desmond lifts his right brow curiously while searching her eyes.

"Be there for me even though you barely know me." She shrugs casually. "So, thank you for your prayers and everything."