18: Kissed By Karma

WHEN you wake up, reality sets in. It felt like waking up with a hangover after partying hard the night before. Brena was starting to regret the kiss only because he was slowly breaking down the wall she worked hard to build. She loathed the feeling of vulnerability.

She couldn't deny the fact that the little cat and rat game they had going on was amusing to her. Brena wasn't certain what was going to happen next between them. Nevertheless, quitting the UPS store today was something she was certain of.

The foreign car deal was knocking on the door and if she continued working there, things would become too cramped for her.

She decided to go with the deal after all and the meeting with the manufacturers and everyone involved in the deal was tomorrow at 11 am in the Hilton hotel's conference room.

Arriving at school late due to the E train being delayed, she was irritated. This was the love-hate relationship with the MTA. It was easy to admire the city lifestyle but the train and buses aren't reliable.

With only 3 courses for the day, she cherished her schedule. Brena only attended school on Monday's and Wednesday's.

This was her last semester in school and she was excited. All her hard work was going to be rewarded with a piece of paper that would have put her in debt.

If she wasn't smart enough to attend a community college first, the price for her degree would have been through the roof. Regardless of her mother's wealth, Brena was determined to make it and never undermined the privilege she was opportuned to have.

She was accepted to her dream school, Howard University. The HBCU life was what she yearned for and that was what she was going to obtain.

Brena mapped out her college experience beginning with a two-year community college before moving on to Howard University School of Law. Which was located in Washington D.C.

New York City was all she was used to but Brena felt that the change would be good for her. As for Lillian her next stop educationally was Hofstra School of Business.

But, she's going to take a year off to focus on her modeling career while marking a year at Johnson Motors Empire. This way her dreams of being an executive director would be closer to achieve before hitting the books again.

Starting at 12 pm, Brena finished her classes at 4 pm. She had to go straight home so she could use her car and drive to the store. Waiting for the train or the bus directly from school to get there, would lengthen the distance more than it already is.

While trying to hurry out of the building, Brena ran into her chemistry lab partner, Kelsey.

"Brena!" She yelled out near the security desk beside the exit.

Brena spins around in haste while her hair makes its debut by bouncing in the air. "Hey babe, wassup." She replied, giving her a quick hug.

"We on our way to the library. You busy?" She looks back in anticipation of the person she was waiting for.

Lifting her head up Brena caught on the word we. "Yeah bro I'm rushing somewhere right now. Wait who's we?" She hung her bag over her shoulder.

Just when she asked, the past flashed in her eyes like a near-death experience when the familiar voice spoke out behind her, setting her in a temporary state of tremor.