16.2: Twenty-Two

STARING at the clock on the nightstand beside her bed, Lillian couldn't wait for it to strike midnight. People were obsessed with 23 but for her, 22 was fascinating. It was double-digits and the numbers were the same. A FaceTime call came in bringing her obsession to a halt.

"Happy happy birthday!" A cheerful Brena squealed.

Lillian laughed calmly, "Thank you boo. Why are you up? Don't you have work?"

"Not today. I'm taking you with me to the city today around 2 pm during your lunch break." Brena ordered.

"Damn do I get to say yes or no?" Lillian asked while setting her phone down to rest it against the lamp.

Brena shook her head repeatedly, "Nah, birthday girl you got to do as I say." 

Lillian secures her curls in her silk hair scarf as she responded. "Aigh, I'mma see you later then." She fluffed her pillow before laying down.

"Love you boo. Can't believe my little baby is 22 now." Brena gushed while brushing her teeth.

"I know right, I love you too! Now, go brush your stank breath goodnight."

Brena gargled her mouth and spat out the mouthwash quickly so she could respond. "Never stink so try again. Text me when you're up."

They said goodbye before the call ended.

Lillian was in school Mondays through Wednesdays. While she works Thursdays through Saturdays. Her birthday fell on a Thursday this year. She didn't plan on working at first but knowing Brena was planning a surprise party, she decided to go to work so she could act naturally.

What she didn't know is, Brena was taking her to the loft. Her phone rang just when she was starting to fall asleep. She rolled over and reached for her phone. When she opened her eyes to see the caller ID, she began to blush.

"Happy birthday beautiful." He said sleepily.

Lillian felt guilty when she heard his voice. "Aww thank you. Did you wake up just to call?"

"After our date, I had to woke up to tell you happy birthday." Damien reminded her of their first kiss three days ago.

Lillian pursed her lips and grinned. His voice was rough yet sexy and she couldn't help but get turned on instantly. "My lips have such effects huh?"

THREE DAYS AGO

Lillian went home to change after she dropped Brena off home. Damien came to pick her up so they could make their way to iFLY, the indoor skydiving Westchester location. This wasn't his first time coming to her house but this time he was able to take in how huge it was.

Damien would come across girls who would ask for handouts. Every time it was either they needed money to go shopping, get their nails done, or buy food.

It was nice having a girl who was holding herself down and she was younger than him which was even more impressive.

They had a blast even though Damien refused to go another round for the final flight. Seeing Lillian full of life and having fun, was the sexiest thing ever.