19.3: Questions

LILLIAN

DAMIEN pulls his arms away from my shoulder and slowly backs away. "What type of weird shit is your pops on? That's a picture of Brena." He whispers to me holding Isaac's phone.

My eyes began to water like a sprinkler on a hot summer day. I yank the phone from Damien and walk back to Issac.

I shove the phone in his face, "what else do you know?" My voice shook in terror.

Words weren't rolling off his mouth so I yell. "Answer me!"

His head was turned to the side as he flinched at the sound of my voice. He slowly turns back to me with his eyes gazing the floor. "I can't say. You don't know your father." He whispers.

"I do know him. I've seen what he's capable of." I counter. He stared at me in the eyes and cackled like a madman while his chest moved up and down.

He gulps slowly, "You don't even have the slightest clue. That man is crazy." He points his index finger near his temple.

I lower my body creating a small hunch on my back while I try to interrogate him. "Anything, please. It'll be helpful. You see this girl right here?" I push the phone downward since his eyes were dropped low.

"She lost her mother two years ago. Who happened to be her only family member. If anything happens to her do you want it to be on you?" I sniffle while asking him.

I stood in front of him for about two minutes. He didn't say anything nor did he try to. All I heard was his shallow breathing.

I turn to Damien, "let's go." I toss the phone on the grass in front of Isaac and walk to Damien.

"You sure you wanna leave him here?" He asks me calmly while wiping the tears that flowed from my eyes.

I nod as he wrapped his arm around me and we headed to the car.

The moment the car doors unlock, I see Isaac limping. "Wait!" He shouts.

Pain rippled in his tone when he called for us.

I closed the door and leaned against it. Damien's arms are on top of the car with his fingers intertwined, waiting for what was going to be said.

"Your father's hunting for something or someone and it has him spooked. He says your friend is the key." He explains in between breaths.

The key to what?

Now I know why every time Brena's name came up in conversations he would become really pissed. Jesus Christ.

"That's why he asked if we were still friends. Oh my God." I gasp, mumbling my thoughts.

Isaac searched his coat's pockets and brings out something. "Here."

He hands me a paper with an address on it. While I take a look at it, I hear him say, "your father is planning a trip out of the country in two months. I'm supposed to report to him next week in person and hand him everything I've found." He winces in pain.

I turn the back of the paper to see if there was anything else inscribed on it. "So what are you saying? You want us to come?" I ask confusingly.