20: A Miracle

LILLIAN

MY eyes shot open as if there was a war going on outside. It felt as if sleeping had become a hazardous thing. My heart beats faster by the minute and there is a buzzing in my brain. I didn't drink so I couldn't understand the reason why I felt this way.

Damien pulls me closer to him and I felt his hands under the sheets trying to grab my boobs.

Right. We had sex last night.

. . . .

Last Night

"You told her?" Damien comes behind me and wraps his hands around my waist.

I nod, turning my phone off and set it on his nightstand. I went into his room to talk to Brena after I saw her text message.

I feel like something is wrong so I'll make sure to go and see her tomorrow morning.

"Only that it was my father but I didn't go into details. I'm tired." I throw my head back to rest it on his right shoulder.

He kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this shit." I whisper then pull away to turn around and face him.

With one hand on my waist, Damien uses his free hand to wipe the tear that was starting to gush out. "You ain't got nun to be sorry bout. I wanna be here witchu and shit happens feel me?"

He pulls me into a hug. "Everyone gotta deal with life somehow. I'm just glad I was witchu tonight." He says calmly and hugs me tight.

The way he said it sounded so genuine. There was a lot of concern surrounding his deep voice. It made me feel at peace. My heart skips a beat against his chest.

In his embrace, the world came to a halt. Right now at this moment, there's no time and I'm problem-free. There's nothing, just us.

The sound of the rain starts to fade away as my mind calms down. Almost peaceful at least for now but I wonder how could it be that I haven't seen such care like this before?

His body feels warm. It feels like home. This was the feeling I've deprived myself of for years.

Please God let this be real.

We pull apart and gaze deeply into each other's eyes. Damien's eyes are full of passion. I can feel it. I hope he feels it too.

He must have sensed the curiosity and affection I felt because with no words being spoken, we were able to communicate with each other.

I trace his lip lightly with the tip of my thumb. His hand reaches for mine and they interlock. I lean in and my forehead rests against his. I close my eyes before I speak.

"Thank you," I say in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" He responds, his voice low and husky.

"For not leaving me tonight." My voice wavers from being stimulated by the tension between us.

Immediately, my lips brush against his before he leans in and smashes his lips into mine passionately. Damien pulls back slightly and moves his lips to my neck, planting soft kisses all over. I let out a small whimper in anticipation.