Bonus: Digging

UNKNOWN

"WHAT is it?" I asked the imbecile who has refused to keep me updated.

"No, I've camped out an apartment building. She's coming out now and I think...." He paused, "Oh, she's kissing a guy. Probably her boyfriend." He explained.

I tap my pen on the desk, as frustration became my exclusive scent. "Keep digging and don't call me until you have something for me!" I shouted into the phone.

Patience hasn't been my strong suit. I need to find out if Lillian is still connected to her. She was lying to me and I'm sure of it. I knew what I was doing was wrong but how else could I find out what I needed to?

Everything I do is for her. The love we share is strong which is why I can't have her hate me. I can't let her find out.

Brena may be the key.

If they're still close, it messes up everything. Now that she's in a relationship it makes it harder. I can't lose her. If this idiot can give me something substantial then I'd have a clue on what to do next.

"Patience." I whispered to calm my raging nerves.

My blood was boiling out of anxiousness. Why was she behaving this way? It wasn't like her.

"The car's ready." Antonio announced.

I kept my head down. "I'll be there. Give me a minute." I used my hand to chase him away.

No matter how much I wanted to find out everything this very moment, I still had a job to do. As soon as I got up, my phone buzzed. It was an attachment image from the nincompoop.

It was Lillian and a tall dark-skinned guy kissing outside. His arms were covered with tattoos and were tightly wrapped around her waist signifying how possessive he was of her.

My face crinkled in disapproval. He looked like a street thug. A nobody. How could she stoop so low? I responded quickly.

"This isn't enough." I shut my phone off.

__________________________

05.04.2020

2020