12.1: Let It Snow

THIS week started rough but last night was a form of compensation from the universe. Lillian can say it was one of the best Christmases she's had in ages and her heart is as light as a feather now that she's able to be myself with Brena.

Her date with Damien is tonight and she's so nervous yet ecstatic at the same time. They haven't seen each other ever since the night he met Tamia after dropping her home from the club. And the only time they were alone together, she was drunk.

She haven't been on a date of any kind in a while. When she was dating Tamia, she's usually cooped up in Tamia's house or hers, so this was a different setting for her. She finds Damien really fascinating but he's not the typical guy she'd choose.

The guys she briefly dated were witty and bossy. They were usually in the same caliber as her. When she was 16 years old, her father, Kevin, would introduce her to the sons of his wealthy friend in the business world. His plan is to merge two strong families into one prominent division. When she never showed up for the dates, he stopped arranging them. Which lets Lillian understands that he got the message that she wasn't interested.

Brena and Lillian slept most of the day because they got extremely high last night. Lillian wasn't supposed to get involved with their friends' antics but Imani was playing devil's advocate so she went for it.

Lillian thought she was floating on air meanwhile her mouth was dry and she was laughing uncontrollably. It felt good until she got hungry and ate too much food then passed out on the couch like a drunkard.

Brena woke up before she did. Damien was coming to get her at 6 pm and she hopes that they aren't using the train to get to the location for their date. Lillian hates riding the train and the bus. However, if push comes the shove, she rather the bus.

It was 5:40 pm and she was nowhere close to being ready. He sends a text telling her that he's getting close and she should be. Lillian feels pressured about her appearance so she decides to go with a simple casual look. She's a white cropped sweater with a pair of black high waisted jeans, black patent leather boots, and a burgundy faux fur coat. Alongside her gold hoop pair of earrings, her hair pulled up into a high ponytail.

She has a natural makeup look going on.

At exactly 6 pm, Damien texts her saying that he's outside. She hugs Brena goodbye then goes outside to meet him. Luckily for her, he was sitting inside of an uber. She didn't have to take the train or the bus, quenching her worries. When he gets out of the car to open the door for her, Lillian's heart nearly melts.

What a gentleman. She thought.

"Wassup, how you doin' beautiful?" He asks, hugging her.

"I'm doing good, how are you holding up?" She responds.

"I'm aigh, I'm feelin' your fit baby girl you look good." He compliments her, his eyes taking in her attire.

She shoots Brena a text to let her know she's safe. "Thank you. You too. You look real fresh."

"Word? Good looking beautiful." He licks his lips with a faint smile.

"How was your Christmas?" She asks, breaking the short silence.

"It was calm nothin' too crazy. Chilled with the fam. How bout' you?" He turns to face Lillian, placing his phone inside his pocket.