26: Rewind

2 YEARS AGO: JANUARY 7th

A week ago, Kevin took his family on an unexpected vacation to Mexico. It was 8:30 am in Cancun meaning it was 9:30 am in New York City.

Mark, Kevin's main man and chief of security, sends him a text. Victoria is still digging. She found out about the bank account in the caymans. What's next boss?

He grunted in frustration as he read the message.

Evidently, his warnings didn't terrify Victoria. He knew exactly what he was going to do now. It was time for plan 𝙱. And he wasn't referring to the pill either. Jumping up from his bed, Linda was asleep but the sudden movement in the bed made her open her eyes slightly. She was a light sleeper.

Linda moaned faintly, as she rolled over. "Where are you going?" She inquired drowsily.

As he got dressed, his eyes remained on the silver Patek Philippe watch he clasped around his wrist. "Back to New York. Business came up." He answered in a cold tone.

Linda sat upright immediately as soon as the words came out of his mouth. The leftover sleep in her eyes had faded away because of how upset she became.

"Kevin, are you kidding me? You drag us here and now you're leaving?" She hollered.

He lowered his head and buckled his belt. Their marriage has been rocky for a while now. Linda was getting fed up with the lifestyle. All she craved for was a good life for herself and her family back home.

She thinks at this point marriages aren't for her. Steven, her ex-husband, was the love of her life. He mysteriously went missing alongside her six-months-old daughter, Leyla.

A pain she carried with her every day.

Which also put a burden on her relationship with Lillian. They weren't as close as she and her father were but Linda loves her from the depth of her heart.

Kevin sighed annoyingly. He wasn't in the mood for her attitude nor her questions.

"Not now. How the fuck do you think I'm able to afford this vacation or everything you own?" He shouted back at her angrily.

Linda flung the covers off her body and marched up to him, pointing her index finger in his face.

"I never asked for any of this shit Kevin. I wanted to work and make my own money and you said no. So don't pull the "I'm the caregiver" of the family card on me."

With built-up anger, Kevin's left hand connected with Linda's face aggressively. It caused her to stumble backward as the force of the slap made her eyes water instantly.

This wasn't the first time or the second time that Kevin has laid his hands on her. This was the life she lived. She couldn't comprehend the sudden change in his attitude.

When they first met, he was loving and affectionate. Until 4 years in, they got into an argument about her wanting to get a job and he lost his temper.

This slap was nothing compared to the first episode. He turned her into a punching bag. Bruising her badly and that led to her miscarriage.