35: Lucky Day

THE morning light penetrates shines brightly as Brena slowly opens her eyes. She tries to catch the remaining parts of her dream but her alarm, chimed noisily, waking her up. Setting her dark brown eyes on the sun's rays, she lays there, giving herself a moment to cast off the sleep from her brain. Letting the blurry vision give way to a brand new day.

Lazily crawling out of bed, Brena yawns, stretching her arms in the air. She then puts the bed together before taking out her daily devotional booklet from the drawer next to the bed. Once she finishes reading the verse for the day, she goes down on her knees to say her prayers. After a few minutes, she gets up and spreads the curtains apart. She slips her feet into her fuzzy slippers and goes into the bathroom.

She takes a warm shower before getting dressed up. Among the bags she brought to Desmond's place, she zips one of them open and pulls out a black two-piece set with biker shorts and a crop top. Once she sets them down on the bed neatly, she zips open another bag with her hygiene products then applies lotion all over her soft skin. Next, she caters to her face. She squeezes the bottle of the facial moisturizer then massages it gently on her face.

After allowing it to set, she does her natural makeup look. Thereafter, she wears her clothes and returns to the bathroom. As she reapplies the mint toothpaste, a familiar yet deep voice from behind her, with a hint of huskiness frightens her.

"I don't remember letting a stranger into my home."

Gasping in shock, Brena sees the unexpected guest through the mirror. "Desmond? The hell?" She says, holding onto her electric toothbrush.

For a second she thought she was still dreaming but the spicy aroma from his cologne engulfed the bathroom, making him very much real. Brena didn't know he would return so soon but seeing him right now reeled joy into her glowing heart. He's dressed up in a black suit and blue tie with scattered beard stubble that made him even more attractive.

"Ohayō utsukushī." Desmond smiles, responding in Japanese.

Setting her toothbrush down, Brena turns around to face him. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It means," Desmond chuckles softly, wrapping his hands around her waist. "Good morning beautiful."

Brena purrs, biting her bottom lip. "Good morning."

Desmond's grins widely, pulling her closer. "I missed you." He cups her face with his warm hands and crashes his lips on hers.

"It's to be expected." Brena replies against his lips.

"Now who's the cocky one?" Desmond says amusedly.

"I guess you've rubbed off on me." She shrugs, walking out of the bathroom.

"Good. I'm marking my territory." Desmond says, walking behind her.

"Terri what?" Brena laughs, picking up the oversized flannel top. "Boy, please. You got the wrong one."

"I beg to differ, love. I've got the right one." Desmond winks.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes. "I can't believe you didn't tell me you were coming back early." She goes in front of the dresser with the beige plaid material and puts it on.

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"You sure love those." Brena's lips curve up into a smile, looking in the mirror attached to the black dresser. "I can't stay though. Me and Lillian are going to see my fath-" she pauses. "Steven."