09: Holiday Party

BRENA

AFTER storing the items I purchased from Costco in my pantry, I quickly entered the bathroom to take a shower. Once my I finished up with my hygiene routine, I selected an outfit for the party then sent a text message to Lillian to let her know that I would be arriving at her place in an hour.

I need to find a crown that fits her perfectly to seal the title of her being the queen of lateness. I truly believe she'll be late to her own wedding ceremony. Lillian can never be on time to save her life or anyone else's for that matter.

Frankly, I didn't feel like attending this event. I'm extremely exhausted from work, school, therapy and more work but, I've already given her my word. I dragged myself off the bed and strolled over to my dresser to apply my makeup.

Once I slipped into my outfit, I went straight out the door. Arriving at Lillian's house, I immediately spotted Tamia's red Jeep perched in the middle of the driveway. I decided to hold off by sitting in the car for a couple of minutes just so I could give them privacy.

As time began to run out, I honked loudly to get Lillian's attention since she wasn't responding to any of my texts. When she opened the door a few minutes later, I got out of my car and walked towards her.

She was hiding behind the door because of the cold breeze sweeping the air. She looked lovely in the black sequin dress she was wearing. I observed that we both went with the mini dress theme unanticipatedly which was something we seemed to always do.

Dressing up synonymously.

Scanning the awfully quiet living room as she spoke to me, I sighted a pink-colored lace thong on the floor right by the couch in front of the circular glass center table.

I yelled on purpose so Tamia could hear me but Lillian tried covering my mouth like a fool. I hope she knew that I have something sharp in my mouth and they're called teeth. She told me to wait for her while she went back to her bedroom to sort out whatever it was she had going on with Tamia.

We were finally able to leave for the party when she was finished. I volunteered to drive for the night but the tiredness I felt flocking around my body, I started to rethink my decision of both driving and saying yes to attend this occasion.

When we rolled up on the scene, I handed my car key to the polite valet before stepping foot into 1oak. 1oak is one of the hottest clubs in New York City. When the waiter walked with a tray full of bubbling cocktails and champagne flutes, all five of my senses became more alert.

The music was so loud that the vibration could be surged through my body all the way down to the foundation of the club.

We each took a glass from it and thanked him. I can't lie at the fact that the ovation was infectious. Everyone was dancing in the middle of the dance floor while hazy chatter could be heard over the roar of the music. Champagne flutes and cocktails drinks were glued to their hands as they all mingled with each other.

This company sure knew how to throw a befitting party. Lillian was really popular from the looks of how she was interacting with many of her co-workers.

During the world tour of Lillian knows everyone in the building, she introduced me to a few of them before we made our way to the beige colored circular sofa where I saw five women seated.