32.3: Time's Up

Moments Earlier...

"Which one of you bastards called the cops?" Kevin yelled, looking out the window.

The sound of police cars could be heard from a distance. Using the gun to itch the side of his head thoughtfully, Kevin pulled on the few locks of hair on his head in frustration. "Ah!" He screamed like a mad man.

"You did this!" He hissed, pointing the gun at Victoria.

Steven attempted to move when he saw Kevin making his way to Victoria but Frank pressed the gun harder into his head.

Victoria's breath hitched in agony. Her eyes became swollen with tears as Kevin tightly encircled his hands around her throat. He tightened his grip as he choked her. With a limited amount of oxygen circulating through her body, Victoria grinned victoriously, feeling fulfilled.

"Time's up, Kevin." She croaked.

All of a sudden, her feet began to dangle in mid-air. Kevin's hand was still wrapped around her throat, as his chest heaved up and down. He gradually brought Victoria down and flung her across the kitchen.

"Vick!" Steven exclaimed angrily, watching Victoria's body crash into the glass dining table.

As Kevin walked over to Victoria, she could hear his ragged breathing as he whistled. "You can't run away from me." He whispered, stroking her face slowly.

His voice glazed with hate and hurt.

Victoria groaned in pain as pieces of glass cut the surface of her tender skin. As she attempted to get away, Kevin grabbed her by the neck. "Not so fast." He said, shoving the large piece of glass deeper into her right shoulder.

"Stop it!" Victoria cried out painfully with her eyes closed. Tears tumbling down her bruised face.

He picked her up and slammed her against the wall. The sound of his black heavy-duty boots crushing the pieces of glass on the floor was the only thing she could hear as she fell.

"Anthony, take those two to the basement." Kevin instructed the tall man that watched over Lillian and Linda.

"Mason, Get the gasoline and I'll meet you down there." He said to the man with freckles.

Kevin's mind was unsettled and he couldn't think straight. There was a silence in his soul when held Steven's dark brown eyes. He saw the humanity in him. Something he lost a long time ago. He could no longer mask the emptiness he felt.

The negative emotions he buried for years were starting to make him weak. With Lillian and Linda alive, it would be a reminder of all the pain and guilt he was currently feeling. The loopholes he used throughout his life to building the world that he was never opportune to as a child, have now become worthless. If he erased Lillian and Linda, he believed his past would also be erased.

Lillian stomped her feet like a child, trying to wriggle her way out of the chair. A high-pitched muffled scream rang out loud through the thick rag bandaged on her mouth. Whereas Linda gave up and didn't put up a fight, sagging her shoulders. Her eyes cast down in a grievous gaze as Anthony took them to the basement one at a time.

Kevin looked at Frank. "Let's go."

"Wait. What about hi-" Frank tried to ask but his body made a thump! sound as soon as it touched the floor.