15.2: Changes

WHEN children anticipate reuniting with their parents after a certain period of time, excitement energizes them. Lillian was always delighted to see her parents whenever they returned from a trip. Even as simple as going to the store, she would miss her father. They were that close but now that things aren't the same anymore, Lillian doesn't know who they are. She knows nothing. Skepticism has taken over the love she has for them.  

Lillian woke up early in morning before she left for work to cook up one of her father's favorite Italian dishes, Tortellini soup. She made it with Italian sausage and spinach. It was only meant to be eaten when the weather is cold. As she drove closer to his workplace, the knots in her stomach became tighter every time she passed a traffic light. She prayed that it wouldn't blow up in her face. The soup was a great distraction because of how much he loves to eat.

He's going to be surprised because she's sure he hasn't had the meal in a while and seeing Lillian always brightened up his day. There's no denial about his love for her. Since she was so nervous, she didn't realize when she got there.

Taking a good look at herself in the rearview mirror, Lillian reapplies her candy yum yum lipstick from MAC and pulls her curls out of her jacket. She inhales deeply before letting out the anxiety she was feeling.

She takes the bag containing the food and her black handbag and comes out of the car. Lillian is wearing a black high-waisted skirt and a grey plaid smocked shirt tucked inside. Her hair was in its natural curly state, resting on her collar bone. She goes through the security turnstile after swiping the custom made ID that was given to her by Kevin. Once she greeted the familiar faces, she was tempted to take the stairs instead since she didn't get to go for a run this morning. When she looks down her feet, she abandons the thought as she gazes at her heels.

In a quick flash, Lillian found herself on the 20th floor. To her favor, not many people rode the elevator with her. When Kevin's assistant sees her, she gives Lillian a warm smile. An uncomfortable smile curves on the side of her lips as she looks at the young woman. Lillian found it weird. She didn't know her father had fired Stella.

As Lillian walks over to her, the assistant immediately calls Kevin. Lillian didn't have to say a word. She simply nods at the assistant and takes a sit sat on the dark blue colored leather sofa. In no time her father came out.

"il Mio orgoglio e gioia." He calls her his pride and joy as he happily walks towards her. He kisses her cheeks, pulling her into a tight warm hug.

"Ciao papà." Lillian replies with a forced smile.

He lets go and look at  her. "Let me get a good look at you," he pauses. "You look tired."

She rolls her eyes, ignoring his statement. He was always worried about her. "I am because I woke up early to cook your favorite dish right here." She peels the bag off to reveal the plastic container filled with soup.

His eyes widens, gasping excitedly. Happiness is written all over him as he grabs the container from her. "il Mio Amore, thank you. Come on, let's go in." He leads Lillian into his office.

He stops by his assistant's desk and says, "Stefani, hold my calls for an hour." He instructs her before shutting the door.

Lillian strolls to the microwave that sat by the mini-fridge in his office to heat up the food. "It's been too long since we've seen each other and for that, I'm sorry princess." He apologizes as he creates room on his desk for the hot meal coming his way.