22: Monster

"DAD," Lillian whispers shockingly as she opens the door. "What are you doing here?"

Kevin pushes the door and marches inside without asking to enter. "This is school and work?" He shouts while Lillian shuts the door close behind him.

He lifts up his nose to sniff the house. "Is that weed? You're a pothead now? perché ti comporti così? Why are you behaving like this?"

"First of all, one question at a time." She raises her hands in the air. "You have no right. Absolutely no right barging in here to question me about anything." She yells with her arms now crossed on her chest.

Lillian wasn't sure if it was the high that gave her an extra dose of boldness at this moment but she loved it. She and Damien were smoking upstairs in her room, trying to take the load off the problems in the real world and the awkwardness between them.

Which her father rudely interrupted.

"Have you gone fucking crazy? You dare talk to me like that? Huh?" He roars, stepping closer to her.

Damien gets up from the bed and goes downstairs to see what was going on. "I'm too smacked for this shit bro." He mumbles while throwing on his white t-shirt over his head.

Kevin's face was getting red by the minute but Lillian didn't understand how angry he truly was.

"No papá. Sto benissimo. I'm fucking fine. In fact, this is the best I've been in months. If you want to yell at me in my own house then you can get the fuck ou-" 

Before Lillian could utter any word, Kevin's five fingers clashed violently on her right cheek. The open handed slap was as loud as thunder and she could feel her ears close. She felt a hard throbbing on her face and there was a red welt on her cheek.

Just below her eye was a minor scrape where the ring he wore added extra pressure on the slap. Lillian staggers backward, moving away from her father while clutching her face. Suddenly, her eyes begin to water.

Right on time, Damien walks into the scene and runs to Lillian's side. "Yo, yo chill out." He stands in the middle of Kevin and Lillian.

Staring at Damien's grasp on his wrist, Kevin jerks away from his grip and backs away. "So you're the no life bastard that's been keeping her away from her family?"

Damien furrowed his brows in confusion, wiping the tears from Lillian's face.

The hell this man talking bout'.

He turns to Kevin and says, "I'mma just act like you ain't say that cuz of the respect I got fa' her but I'mma need you to go."

"Family?" Lillian laughs as salty tears roll down her face. "No, no. You did that on your own. Your lies and all your evil schemes will catch up to you one day. You're dead to me. I want nothing to do with you."

The words she never fathomed to say to him soared from her mouth. Lillian knew right away from the look in his eyes that their relationship shattered into glassy splinters. Nothing would ever be the same again.

Kevin's eyes pops and his neck strains. He leans closer, flawlessly composed and articulated four painful words, "you ungrateful little bitch." His voice was raspy and shaky. His light eyes were now dark and his aura was cold.