32.2: 5 minutes

THE Escalade hurriedly cruises down Brooklyn bridge, before the driver suddenly makes a right turn into the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. With Brena once again lost in her thoughts, the only thing that brought her attention back was the ringing tone of her phone.

She lazily drags her eyes down to her lap but doesn't bother to answer the call. Henry then reaches over to check who the caller was.

"It's your lover." Henry teases.

Brena turns to look at him but Henry shoves the device in her face. When she sees the name on the screen, a half-smile forms on her saddened face.

"Hey, you." Desmond says in a deep voice.

"Hi, wassup?" She tries to sound happy but Desmond could tell she wasn't.

"Uh-oh. I think I deserve a better hello than that." Desmond says jokingly, causing Brena to smile over the phone. "Are you okay?"

Brena sighs. "Define okay." Desmond stays quiet knowing she wasn't done speaking. "It's a lot down here but don't worry I'll explain when you get back."

Desmond's brows fall remorsefully as she speaks. "I can't wait to come back and be there to see what's happening for myself. Don't work yourself up too much love. It does get better."

"I'll try. I can't wait for you to come back too. I miss you." Brena confesses truthfully.

She slaps her hand on her forehead lightly, mouthing, what the fuck? With her eyes widened.

Desmond chuckles. He was taken back by her words but he understood Brena didn't plan on saying that to him. They were making progress but a slow and steady one. He could tell she was still holding back and they haven't fully expressed how they felt for each other.

He was intrigued by her statement. "I know you do. I miss you too love." He smirks as if she could see him while he pours himself a glass of bourbon.

"See, now you're feeling yourself a little too much." Brena replies sassily, rolling her eyes. "Where are you now?"

After taking a sip, he places the old fashioned glass down. "Still in the jet. It's a 10-hour trip but I'm glad Rachael told me on time. Where are you?"

"On the highway. We just came off the Brooklyn bridge. I sometimes feel like a tourist in my city. New York is so gorgeous at night." She stares at the colorful bright lights and tall buildings across the highway.

Desmond takes note of her comment and hopes he could put his idea to good use when everything settles down.

"That it is and it has beautiful women too."

"So that's why you came all the way from the U.K?" Brena giggles.

"Could be one of the reasons but I found something far more special."

Brena nibbles on the inside of her cheeks, refraining from asking if she was that special something he found. She was certain it was her but wanted to hear him say it.

She immediately changes the subject. "I'm happy you did. What time are you gonna get there?"

"4 pm Tokyo time."