Chapter four

Y/n's Point Of View

I opened my e/c eyes to see a bright white light I sat up looking around realizing I was in Hershel's house, I saw Kate walking in with some blankets she saw me awake and her eyes lit up "Y/n your awake!" She shouted smiling. She sped walked over to me hugging me I chuckle and felt a bit of pain in my abdomen "What the fuck happened?" I asked she let go of me and started explaining everything that happened, apparently Otis shot me and Carl carried me back I held my stomach "Fuck this hurts" I muttered holding my stomach. Kate lifted up my shirt and looked at the wound she hummed a bit removing the gauze and looking at the stitches "Your gonna be on bed rest for a bit, I don't want you to try and get out of bed I know how you are" she said looking back at Beth who had walked in "Beth could you go tell Carl that Y/n is awake" she asked, Beth nodded and quickly walked out Kate looked back at me covering the stitches with the gauze "How long was I out?" I asked. She shrugged "A few hours at least" she replied I nodded and heard footsteps quickly running up the stairs.

Soon Carl appeared and smiled "Your okay!" He practically shouted he ran over and hugged me gently being careful of the wound, I chuckled lightly "Yeah I'm alive as well thanks to you" I said smiling he sat down in the chair next to the bed. I looked over at Kate and she smiled and walked out of the room "Otis grabbed your clothes that you where cleaning along with the deer that he killed" Carl said, I felt my blood boiling when I remembered that Otis shot me "Oh when I'm off bed rest I'm gonna fucking kill him" I said through gritted teeth. I heard Carl chuckle slightly "Don't worry everyone already yelled at him, this is the second time he's done this" he said lifting up his shirt to show his scar which was also on his stomach "The hell is with him is he tryna kill us or somethin" I said in a slight joking matter. Carl laughed slightly and shrugged the two of us sat there chatting and laughing at some funny random shit, I thought I'd never say it but I was really enjoying his company like more then usual I felt very comfortable with him even though it's only been a few weeks since we met or maybe a month I wasn't even sure at this point I gave up on keeping track of time.

Out of nowhere Carl asked a question I never expected him to ask "So what happened to your family?" He asked, I felt my body go tense remembering my parents dead bodys I sighed "I-i really don't know how to explain this, but I killed them. They turned into walkers I saw my dad eating my mom and little sister, and I shot all three of them" I muttered tears brimming at my eyes, Carl looked at me sympathetically he put his hand on my leg "It'll be okay, you have us now" he said sweetly, I smiled slightly "Yeah your right, but I still miss them. But it's understandable" I said. He nodded "Of course it is, now let's talk about something less depressing and something more happy." He said removing his hand from my leg "That might be hard to do considering it's the apocalypse" I said laughing slightly, he shrugged "We'll find something" he said smiling

--Three Days Later--
[Still readers pov]

It had been three days since I've been shot and finally Hershel said I could get out of bed and walk around, I was slowly walking down the stairs of their house I smiled walking out of the house I looked up at the sun trying to guess the time, it looked like it was about 12 maybe 1 I looked around the camp watching everyone working I walked into mine and Carl's tent. Carl wasn't there but my katana was on my makeshift bed I fully crawled into the tent grabbing a change of clothes. I quickly pulled on a pair of f/c leggings and a black tank top with a flannel, I grabbed my katana putting the strap around my torso I climbed out of the tent looking around the camp. Everyone was either working or talking with each other I saw Rick and walked over to him, he saw me approach him and he smiled "Hey Y/n glad your doing better" he said. I smiled slightly "I'm heading out on a run in the nearby town, I'm hoping to find some hair ties my hair is getting way to long" I said, he looked at ms slightly concerned "You sure you just got off bed rest from being shot, take someone with you maybe Carl and Kate can go with. Kate was looking to go into town to find any medical supplies" he said. I nodded "Alright I'll go find them" I replied walking away and heading into the house, I saw Kate in the kitchen with Beth and Maggie "Hey Kate I'm heading into town, and heard you where looking for some medical supplies and whatnot" I said walking in the kitchen.

Kate glared at me crossing her arms "Is anyone going with us, I'm sure we'll need the backup since you just got off bed rest" she said, I sighed nodding "Yes I plan on having Carl join us" I replied. She nodded and walked upstairs grabbing three backpacks she came back down tossing one at me "Let's go find Carl" she said, the two of us walked out of the house I saw Carl exiting our tent I quickly ran over to him "Hey Carl, wanna come on a run with me and Kate?" I asked. He looked up and smiled nodding "Hell yeah" he replied, Kate tossed a bag at him and all three of us made our way away from the farm heading into the small town.

--------

I hope your enjoyed this chapter, and I hope your enjoying this book so far ♡