Chapter thirty five

Y/n's Point Of View

Me and Carl had been cuddling and resting all day we watched some old movies that where in the basement it was dark out now and Carl had fallen asleep, I moved Carl's arm from my waist and I crawled out of bed and I made my way out of our room and down the stairs. I grabbed my katana since they let us keep out melee weapons I refused to give them Kate's gun and I had to argue for an hour about it, in the end the let me keep it with no amo which I was fine with I was walking around Alexandra with my katana.

"It's a bit late for a girl like you to be walking around this late" a man said from a porch I stopped and looked at the man and shrugged "Not really I'm always out this time a night, yet again I'm never in the safety of walls" I retorted crossing my arms and looking at the man, he was smoking he chuckled "So your the new girl my son has been talking about" he said standing up and walking in my direction.

He was giving me a creepy vibe and I felt uncomfortable "U-uh who is your son?" I sputtered out nervous and scared, once the man was in the Moonlight I was able to examine his features, he was blond and looked like an alcoholic his hair was a mess and he smelled of alcohol. He was looking me up and down "My son is Ron" he replied looking me in my e/c eyes I looked at him confused I haven't met this Ron kid I gave him a shrug "I don't know him" I said, he gave me a glare "Sure ya do he talked to you as soon as you got here" he said rudely "Lying isn't good I hope you know that girl" he continued.

I rolled my eyes angrily and I heard a familiar voice 'Jessie' I thought looking at the blond woman in the door way"Pete sweetie leave Y/n alone and come eat I finished making your foo-" jessie was quickly cut off by Pete "Go inside and don't tell me what to fucking do!" He shouted at her, I flinched in shock as he yelled once she was inside he gave me a glare and then walked off I looked in the second floor room and saw a boy looking down at me. I turned away walking off I started making my way to the gates there was someone there so I started looking for another way out.

I soon saw a way I could climb out I smiled and I started climbing the long metal bars I was almost at the top when I heard a voice from the bottom "Y/n Grimes get down here" I looked down to see Rick he was looking up at me,the first thing I noticed about him was that his beard wash shaved. I slid down the bar and I looked at him crossing my arms "What?" I retorted looking at him, he sighed "What are you doing?" He asked.

I shrugged "Heading out to fight some Walkers keep them away from the walls maybe" I replied with a slight shrug he pinched the bridge of his nose "Look I get that your not used to being inside walls and you just lost Kate and you have a lot of anger built up, but we need to get used to this it's our life now for now until it ends" he said looking at me you could tell he was irritated. I shook my head and sighed  "I just.....I don't know Rick I can't be in here it doesn't feel right, we know it won't last yet we're still here. I mean how long till these walls fall we are putting ourselves in danger" I explained.

"I understand that but we'll be okay we've survived so much let's just have this okay?" I nodded and started making my way back to me and Carl's house, I opened the door and I saw Carl pacing around the room he looked at me as soon as I walked in he ran at me hugging me tightly "I was so worried that you where gonna leave us, why did you go out there in the first place?" He asked releasing me and looking into my eyes.

I shrugged "I didn't wanna be inside the walls, I would have made it out if Jessie's husband didn't fucking stop me" I said angrily, he looked at me confused "Why did he stop you?" He asked I shrugged "Something about his kid talking about me and talking to me, I don't really know" I replied I could see the anger on his face "Y/n your completely oblivious" he muttered pinching the bridge of his nose. I looked at him confused "This kid probably likes you" he said I mouthed an 'O' he sighed and walked off muttering things under his breath, I looked at the clock expecting there to be a correct time but we're in the apocalypse.

I sighed walking into the kitchen to look for something to eat 'Does this Ron kid really like me? Am I seriously that oblivious what other guys have like me or like me now?' I asked myself, I hoped that Carl knew I wouldn't every leave him for anyone I chose to marry him and I fell in love with him. I sighed and I walked out of the kitchen sitting down on the couch I had left a book there from earlier when Carl was gone talking with Deanna, I opend the book and I started reading from where I left off hoping to keep my mind off everything that is happening.

'I hope Carl doesn't do anything stupid' I thought

-----