Chapter Forty five

Y/n's Point Of View

Carl was shot.
I felt myself screaming Rick had picked him up and we where running towards the doctor I was in the front with Michonne, we where killing the walkers to get to the doctor's we soon busted in I looked at Dennis the doctor who took Pete's place "Help him!" I yelled at her tears staining my face. Carl was laid down on the bed and she got right to work I was sobbing uncontrollably I noticed Rick walk out and I followed him, I still had my katana gripped in my hand I started cutting the heads off walkers and Michonne followed after. I was crying tears blurring my vision I could only focus on the walkers and the possibility of Carl dying, I could feel the blood of the walkers on my face and body i could feel my anger.

Flashback

It was after Terminus maybe a few hours Carl wouldn't leave my side he stayed by me the entire time he had a tight grip, he kept saying how sorry he was and how worried he was about me the two of us stopped and the group continued onward "Carl I'm okay I made it out alive I stayed strong, I just wanted to find you and make sure you where safe even if I had been bit before I found you guys. There's no need to worry anymore I'm here now and I'm safe and your safe and everyone is safe, I love you Carl Grimes" I said holding his face.

I wiped the tear that had fallen from his face and kissed him the kiss deep and full of passion and love, we pulled away due to the lack of oxygen I still held onto his face he had a small smile on his face now "I'm never letting you leave my side again" he murmured softly. I smiled and I took his hat putting it on my head "You look better with it on" he said as we started walking to catch up with the rest, I laughed and shook my head "Nah you look way better, and hotter" I said with a smirk. I watched the color rise to his face and I let out a large laugh and I continued walking "Y/n" I turned around and looked af Carl, he smiled "I love you more than anything" he said I smiled and soon we where caught up with the group.

Present day

By now all the walkers had been cleared we where gonna need fo find a way to fix the wall Abraham said there was some construction equipment that we could use, I was covered in Walker blood I had calmed down a bit I walked back into the doctor's office. I looked at Carl he looked like he was sleeping peacefully I sad down in the chair next to his bed not caring if I got walker blood on it, Denise was gonna say something but was quickly shushed by Tara.

I felt the hot tears falling down my face I grabbed his hand gripping onto it "Please wake up, please please" I muttered softly and sadly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked over at Tara "He'll live and I'm sure he'll wake up soon, he wouldn't leave without you and he's one stubborn kid" she said with a soft smile.

A few days later

I stayed by his side since the incessant I didn't eat or sleep Daryl had returned the next morning very early, I still didn't leave Carl's side Rick kept trying to bring me food and stuff but I didn't touch it. Everyone was worried about me and Carl I was still covered in the walkers blood from when it happened, I hadn't said a word to anyone I closed my eyes letting a tear fall down my face "Baby what's wrong" a horse voice said. My eyes quickly shot open he was awake I quickly hugged him "I-I thought you where gonna die" I muttered into his neck, he laughed "Never I could never leave this earth without you" he murmured.

We pulled away and he looked at me "Your covered in blood, whose blood is i-" I quickly cut him off "Walkers" I said he nodded, "When?" He asked I looked down shamefully "When the incident happened, I haven't left your side since then" I muttered. He sat up "Did you eat?" He asked I shook my head he wasn't even concerned about himself hebeas more worried about me "Carl I'm not important, you just got shot in the eye and lost it" I said looking up at him, if was silent for a while he sighed "I get that Y/n bu-" our conversation was cut short by Rick walking in.

He saw that Carl was awake and smiled I looked over at Rick he walked over to us "Y/n you should go shower your still covered in Walker blood, I'll take care of Carl and I'm sure he'll be home when your done" he said, I looked over at Carl and he nodded for me to go I quickly left and started walking home. Everyone was looking at me as I walked by they where whispering I sighed deeply and I continued walking quickly trying to get away from the looks, soon I was home I quickly walked in and I sat my katana down on the couch I took off my combat boots and I put Kate's gun next to my katana.

I walked upstairs and into the bathroom I stripped off my clothes and I threw them to the ground I turned on the hot water and I felt it hitting my cold skin, I watched as the blood fell from my body and drained down the drain I sighed and closed my eyes letting the water hit my skin.

--TimeSkip--

After my shower I wrapped myself in a towel and I walked out with my close in my arms I set them in a dirty laundry basket that I needed to take to Carol or Tara, I walked into my room and saw Carl laying on the bed "I didn't even hear you come in" I said breaking him from his thoughts he looks over at me and smiles "You look beautiful" he said. I laughed and shook my head "Not even I look disgusting" I said walking over to the closet I heard him get up as I was looking through my clothes, I felt him wrap his arms around my waist I looked at him and smiled "Let me get dressed then we can cuddle okay" I said with a smile.

His good eye lit up and and he walked out of the room I smiled and I looked through the closet I pulled out a pair of shorts and one of Carl's baggy tshirts, he walked back in the room he had a few snacks and some water bottles I smile. I laid down on the bed and Carl joined me the rest of the day was full of happiness and cuddling, I couldn't imagine a better day.

--