Chapter nine

The next morning
Y/n's Point Of View

I woke up the next morning there was a pair of arms around my waist I heard whispering outside my cell door "Shh let them sleep" one of the voices whispered, I heard a quite groan "But I need Y/n's help with something" what I assumed to be Rick whisper shouted. I quickly and quietly escaped Carl's grasp I walked over to the sheet "What do you need my help with?" I asked crossing my arms, I let out a yawn since I was still extremely tired. I soon figured out that Rick was talking with Lori I smiled at her and she smiled back sweetly, Rick looked at me "I'm taking a group out to clean out the other cell blocks and cleaning out the yards and whatnot and I was wondering if you wanted to come with" he explained. I shrugged "Who are you taking out, someone has gotta stay back and protect the others just incase" I said.

He nodded in agreement "Alright, Carl and Kate will stay here with you as well they're capable of protecting" he said, I nodded and heard groaning from inside my cell "Y/n?!" Carl practically shouted. I pulled open the curtain and smiled "Morning cowboy" I said sweetly, he looked over at me and calmed down he was still laying down on the bed and his brown hair a mess. I closed the curtain and I heard footsteps from behind me I felt Carl wrap his arms around my waist and I felt my cheeks heating up "S-so what are you guys heading out?" I asked.

"Here in about 5 minutes maybe" Rick replied I nodded "Alright I'll go get ready, you have any extra amo?" I asked he nodded and tossed me a box of pistol rounds before walking off, I felt Carl pull me into my cell I felt myself giggle "Let me get dressed, you should go change yourself as well" I said with a smile. I heard Carl groan and he let go of my waist and walked out heading into his cell I pulled off my old clothes and throwing on a pair of f/c leggings with a flannel and my pair of combat boots. I grabbed my katana and my gun along with my knife I put my katana around my torso and my gun in knife in their holster, I put my hair in a ponytail and I walked outta my cell I looked down and watched as Rick left out cell block with T-dog, Carol, and Daryl. I sighed apparently while we where cleanin out the prison Rick found some prisoners and Hershel had lost his leg, of course I stayed back and didn't pay attention to anything. I walked downstairs and saw Kate talking with Hershel who had some crutches "Mornin Kate, Hershel" I said walking past them, Kate smiled at me but Hershel was to focused in what he was doing.

Carl was already downstairs eating some food I walked over to him shoving him to the side with my hip, I grabbed a handful of dry cereal and stood there eating it. Carl shook his head and laughed after eating Lori, Beth and Kate helped Hershel outside. Me and Carl quickly followed after once we got outside I looked around with a smile, I saw Glenn, Rick, and Daryl looking over at us as Hershel was walking around "Alright Hershel!" I heard Glenn shout. I watched as Daryl hit him and say something I watched as Hershel started walking around, I heard some groaning and moaning from behind me. I turned around to see a bunch of walkers heading in our direction "Walkers!" I shouted. Everyone who had guns pulled them  out and started shooting soon Maggie called us all over and me, Carl and Lori broke into a run heading in her direction. I made sure both of them got in before I did I felt someone grab my shoulder pulling me back I looked over to see Lori, I quickly closed the gate. We ran inside making our way to our cell block when we were stopped by walkers "Go back!" Maggie shouted pushing Carl we ran in another area Maggie closed the gate, I was in complete utter panic I had my gun and knife out ready for anything.