Chapter five

A/n-Changed up Otis's death cause I felt like it:), also Carl and the reader easily became friends throughout the time skips. And they consider her family now, and I got lazy and didn't add the part where Lori mentioned she was pregnant.

One week later
Carl's Point Of View

Everyone was in grief of Otis's death except for Y/n she was still angry for him shooting her by accident, Shane and him went on a run about three days after me Y/n and Kate went on one. Shane came back with a bunch of stuff but Otis wasn't with him he said that him and Otis got separated, but the funny thing was Y/n pointed out to me that he had a bald spot looking like someone had ripped it out. Me and Y/n didn't believe his shit story at all she had mentioned that Shane had been seeming more hostile towards my dad but I didn't suspect anything and I wasn't sure to believe her or not, It was late and dark out I couldn't tell what time it was but it didn't matter I was sitting down in my tent reading one of my comic books that I had brought with me. I heard someone running past the tent and I quickly got up opening it I saw Y/n running in the field I quickly got out of the tent grabbing her gun that she left in her bag, I quickly followed her wondering what was wrong.

Y/n's Point Of View

I saw Rick and Shane leave together I quickly followed after them worried that Shane might do something, he had been seeming more and more hostile towards him I mentioned it to Dale before he had passed sadly and he said that he agreed  with me and that before they met me and Kate that Dale saw Shane pointing a gun at Rick. I had gotten suspicious and when Shane came back without Otis my suspicion grew more and more, I had my katana around my chest and I was running after the two males  I soon stopped in my tracks seeing Rick and Shane fighting the argument got heated "I'm a better father than you Rick, I'm better for Lori than you man!" Shane shouted, I was in absolute shock I looked over at Rick to hear his response his face was twisted in anger "It's because I'm a better man than you Rick, cause I can be here and I can fight for it. But you come back here and you just destroy everything!" Shane yelled in anger. At this point I could feel my blood boiling 'What the fuck is is problem' I thought angrily, I was hoping soon Rick would defend himself then Shane continued "You got a broken woman" he paused for a second "You got a weak boy" he finished I felt my face twisting in rage and anger "You ain't got the first clue on how to fix it" Shane said, I could practically feel his anger from here then he raised his gun "Rais your gun" he said coldly. At this point I could feel the venom in his words my head quickly snapped in Rick's direction hearing his voice "Your gonna have to kill an unarmed man" he said raising his hands, he slowly reached for his gun "Watch my hands, nice and easy" he said grabbing his gun Shane still had his gun aimed at Rick. Soon Rick had his gun in his hand he aimed it towards himself the butt of the gun aimed at Shane "Now listen Shane there is still a way back from this, nothin has happened here" he said still holding his gun "Now we're gonna lay down our guns, and we're gonna walk back to the farm. Together" he said, I could hear Shane's rough breathing from where I stood. Rick took a step forward "Back to Lori" he said and took another step forward "Back to Carl" he said taking more steps forward "We're gonna put this all behind us" he said still holding his gun out to Shane, Shane grabbed Rick's gun taking it from him Rick pulled out his knife lunging at Shane and stabbing him in the abdomen the gun went off and I flinched. Rick held the knife in his stomach and brought him to the ground I was in complete and utter shock I saw Rick say something to Shane and I watched as he choked on his own blood, I quickly got the courage and I ran over to Rick he was bent over Shane crying I felt bad for him I rested my hand on his shoulder and he quickly smacked it away. He turned around looking and saw it was me "Y-Y/n i-" I quickly cut him off "Rick you don't need to explain yourself I saw everything" I said, he looked back at Shane's body "Come on let's get back to the farm I'm sure Lori and Carl are worried considering they herd the gunshot" I said helping him up "D-Dad? Y-Y/n?" The two of us quickly spun around to see a scared and upset Carl. We started walking towards him slowly considering he had a gun "C-carl you know.....you should be back home with mom" Rick said I nodded in agreement but the two of us quickly stopped.

Carl had raised the gun at us and I felt my eyes brim with tears "C-Carl please put the gun down" I said looking at him my voice breaking "It's not what it seems" Rick said, I heard the gun go off expecting pain but I didn't I quickly turned around to see Shane or what used to be Shane dead shot right in between the eyes, I ran at Carl enveloping him in a tight hug once out hug was finished we walked over to Shane's body with Rick he told us to stop and looked closer at the body. He looked back at the two of us I soon heard some groaning but it was louder then expected, I looked at the treeline and my eyes widen all I saw was a long line of walkers I was absolutely terrified "Rick Carl..........run!" I shouted pulling out my katana they soon looked up and saw what I saw. The three of us broke into a run heading to the barn I heard some shooting from the house which ment walkers had gotten to the house, we soon got to the barn Carl and I held the door closed with all my strength Rick grabed a barrel of gasoline and threw it down gasoline went everywhere I heard another one fall "Y/n Carl get up the ladder now!" Rick yelled the two of us let go of the door and we jumped up the ladder with Rick right behind us I pulled myself up and stood up looking at the walkers below us Rick handed Carl a lighter, Carl lit the lighter and dropped it below us I watched as the walkers caught on fire Carl jumped through the window and Rick pulled me I quickly followed after Carl and after me was Rick.

We started running to the house I pulled out my katana and I heard shooting from behind me as Rick and Carl where shooting walkers while I was cutting their heads off, I made it to mine and Carl's tent and I dove into it grabbing as much as I could as fast as I could I shoved everything I could into mine and Carl's bags and I quickly crawled out. I fell back into the tent into the tent as a Walker tried biting my face soon a gunshot went off and the walker fell on me dead, I pushed it off me to see Carl he quickly helped me up and the two of us ran for a pickup truck that his dad was trying to start I opened up the very back throwing the two bags in. I let Carl climb in first and I just stood there cutting the heads off the walkers I soon heard the truck start and i jumped in, I pulled the tailgate up closing it Rick quickly sped off and I felt myself lurch forward I felt Carl grab my waist pulling me back so I wouldn't fall back. I laid down in the back of the truck basically laying on Carl I sat up and put my katana in it's holster, I laid in the back of the truck I didn't know where anyone else was. I was extremely worried about Kate and I was wondering where everyone was I didn't wanna lose my new family, I wouldn't be able to deal with that pain again....

----

End of chapter five I hope you all enjoyed it, I do realize I left out a lot of details but I'm doing this my way. And kinda trying to follow the plot up as well, I'm currently rewatching the show since I made it through season 10 and whatnot. But I hope you enjoyed ♡