Chapter Forty

The next morning very early
Y/n's Point Of View

I woke up the next morning still sore as shit Deanna was throwing a party tonight her and her family where still in grief about their son, I walked out of mine and Carl's room heading to the bathroom Carl wasn't in bed when I woke up I peeled off my clothes and I jumped in the shower.

I finished with my shower and got dressed in leggings and a baggy tshirt I made my way out of the house heading to Rick's house to check on him and the others, soon I was outside the door and I knocked on it hard the door opend and there stood Carol. She smiled as soon as she saw me I walked in and I saw Maggie holding Judith and everyone else just sitting there, I could feel the tension in the room Rosita was glaring at me "So what's with all the tension?" I asked looking at everyone confused and worried.

"I'll talk with you about it separately" Carol whispered I nodded and she led me upstairs to the room that Judith was in, I sat down on the couch in the room and Carol picked up the very fussy Judith she sat down next to me "So Rick and Michonne are cops kinda, and Deanna is talking with Nicholas about the incident and Rick is talking with Glenn. Also I want you to keep an eye on Jessie Rick found out that her husband Pete has been beating on her, and her youngest son Sam told me she put a lock on the inside of his closet" she said. It took me a while to comprehend this I nodded "I'll go check on her now, maybe hang out there for a bit" I replied she nodded and I got up walking off, I made my way past everyone and I said my goodbyes and left

Soon I was at Jessie's house I knocked on the door soon the foot opened to Jessie's friendly face she smiled when she saw me "Ah Y/n good to see you again, how are you doing? Is there something you need?" She asked, I tried to look as sad as possible "I-I need some help with something, me and Carl got in a fight and I don't know what to do" I lied kinda me and Carl did get in a fight about that girl. She quickly let me inside and sat me down on the couch the two of us started talking and she tried to reassure me, I started pouring out how I felt.

A few hours later

Our conversation was cut short when Pete stumbled in he glared at me as sooo as he walked in "W.....what is she doing here" he slurred drunkenly pointing at me, I had calmed down now and me and Jessie had been talking about life before all this and how I survived. I glared at him "Just talking" I said innocently and sweetly, he tumbled over to me and lifted up his hand I felt a stinging pain on my cheek Jessie looked at me her eyes wide. I didn't even shed a tear I just looked at him coldly I had to admit it hurt like a fucking bitch, but I couldn't look weak in front of him I walked up to him with no expression.

I raised my hand to smack him but he grabbed my wrist before I could strike him he held onto my wrist tightly, I winced in pain "Leave and never come back" he said coldly I glared at him "Pete honey I think you need to ca-" she was quickly cut off by Pete he had released my hand and smacked her across the face. I pushed him down on the ground "Don't ever fucking touch her again!" I shouted Pete stood up and shoved me to the ground, Jessie was holding her face and crying Pete was now on top of me trying to punch me I struggled to hold his fist away from my face.

Soon I heard the front door open and Pete was thrown off me I looked to see Carl he helped me up and held me in his arms, Rick had picked up Pete and thrown him outside but not through the door through the window. Carl was still holding onto me "I'm sorry about what happened with Enid it didn't mean for it to seem like I was cheating, I love you and only you" he sputtered out, I looked at him "It's fine" I muttered I didn't know what he was apologizing at a time like this.

There was yelling from outside and me and Carl quickly got up Rick was punching Pete in the face "Don't you ever touch Y/n or Jessie again, Y/n is like my daughter do not ever touch her again!" He yelled punching him again Carl ran over to him and tried to pull him off. Rick pushed Carl away roughly Carl fell back and I ran over to Carl and I saw Daryl run past us, I was at Carl's side I looked over at Daryl as he pulled Rick off Pete Deanna was out here the entire time and I hadn't even noticed in fact I hadn't even noticed that the whole community was out here watching the commotion.

Deanna glared at Rick "This is unacceptable, we are a civilized community" she said coldly I stood up and glared at her "Pete was beating on on Jessie, nothing about this is civil!" I yelled at her in anger, her head snapped in my direction "My son is dead because of y-" she cut herself off by covering her mouth. I glared at her and she looked down "I need to think about whether to exile you or not" she said and with that she walked off, I helped Carl up and Daryl dealt with Rick.

'Is this really the end of our safety? Will we go back out to that hellish world where my bestfriend died where we lost so many people? Where will we even go?' I asked myself over and over, was this really the end of our safe sanctuary?

-----