Chapter nineteen

Y/n's Point Of View

I opened my eyes and glanced around the cell I was in it wasn't my cell I weakly sat up and I burst into a fit of coughing I used my hand to cover my mouth, after coughing for about two minutes straight I looked down at my hand seeing blood.

I heard quick footsteps and I expected to see Carl but I saw Kate, I smiled and she came over to me with some water "Hey how are you doin?" She asked, I shrugged "I'm not really sure" I replied she handed me the cup of water and I quickly chugged it. She chuckled "Slow down Y/n you don't wanna hurt yourself" she said I quickly finished the water "I need to get better quickly, theres work to be done and we need the extr-" Kate quickly cut me off before I could finish "I don't want you trying to rush this recovery, this sickness is deadly and I need to make sure you don't die. Carl is extremely worried and he keeps trying to come and see you, but we won't allow it cause we don't want anyone else getting sick." She said.

I sighed angrily "Kate we still don't know where the Governor is, for all we know that creepy bastard could be trying to attack us now" I said crossing my arms "Y/n I know you wanna get back on your feet and help but I don't want you dead, and neither does Carl or anyone else. Everyone is worried you'll die, I can't lose the only family I have left" she snapped. She covered her mouth looking at me her eyes wide I rarely ever saw her mad and she never took her anger out on me, I looked down "I-im sorry Kate, I just wanna keep my promise to Lori. I promised to take care of Carl and make sure him and Rick don't make any stupid mistakes" I muttered quietly "How am I supposed to make sure that it doesn't happen when I'm suck in here" I muttered continuing my rant.

She put her hand on mine "I understand and I'll try my best to make sure you get better, me and Hershel just need to figure out what's causing this. But for now just get some sleep I'll let you know if anything serious happens, and I'll somehow figure out a way that Carl can come and visit you" she said. And with that she got up "I'll be back soon with some water and any medicine that Hershel says that'll help." she finished and without another word she left, I sighed laying down and closing my e/c eyes.

Carl's Point Of View

I was freaking out I didn't know what to do and I was extremely worried about Y/n I couldn't lose her not now not ever, I was out gardening and working to keep my mind off Y/n but it was fucking impossible. I sighed standing up I looked over at the fence walkers where as usual there trying to get inside, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around seeing my dad.

I sighed "Hey Carl how you holding up?" He asked I shrugged and I crouched down and continued planting, my dad crouched next to me and started helping me. We continued working in silence not a word said I was to engulfed in my thoughts to hold a proper conversation, I wiped my hand across my forehead wiping some sweat away 'I can't lose her, I should be allowed to see her. I don't care if I get sick, maybe if I got sick it would take her sickness away' I thought.

I shook my head 'No don't be stupid it doesn't work like that' I thought I could feel my dads gaze in me, I looked over at him and sighed "Dad if she dies, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I love her so fuc-" my dad quickly cut me off "Language" I glared at him "I love her more then anything dad if I lose her I don't even know how ill react, she's the love of my life she means so much to me. I want a future with this girl and I get that I'm to young to be talking about this and thinking about having a future with a girl, but dad this hell may never end you never know what could happen anyway. When we could die or come close to death, we may never be safe we'll probably just have to keep moving no please will stay standing." I said finishing my rant.

My dad looked ar me in shock "Carl I don't care if you think about having a future with her, cause that what I want for you it's what your mom would have wanted. I don't care what you do just make sure it's the right time and everything is stable, and don't do it now your only like 14. I'm not even sure I've lost track of time" he said, I chuckled and the two of us continued gardening I felt like I have lifted a large weight off my shoulders.

I haven't talked to my dad about personal stuff like this after just gardening for a while it started getting dark, me and my dad slowly made our way back to the prison my dad went to go talk to Carol about something. I slowly dragged myself up the stairs and I made my way to Y/n's cell her katana was leaning against a wall and her bed was a mess from when we slept in it, I took off my hat setting it down I laid down in her bed.

I was silently crying worried about what could happen to her I just kept thinking about the worst things that could happen to her, I felt the hot tears stream down my face 'God Y/n please please please be okay, I need you' I thought letting out a quiet sob.

------