Chapter eight

Hours later

Y/n's Point Of View

I was outside in the field I was walking towards the perimeter to kill some walker on the fence, I soon felt a hand on my shoulder I turned around to see Carl "O-oh hey Carl"  I stuttered my face a crimson red. He smiled slightly I still had his hat on since he never took it back, he grabbed his hat placing it on his head "Mind if i join ya?" He asked. I smiled "I don't mind" I replied opening the hole we made to the primiter,  I climbed through the hole and after me followed Carl. The two of us where walking side by side we chatted for a while walking and stopping to kill walkers off the fence, I heard Carl sigh and I looked at him "Somethin wrong?" I asked he nodded slowly "Y/n I need to tell you something, and I've been meaning to tell you for a while and I just didn't know how" he mutters.

I looked at him my face red he looked down and then back up at me "Y-Y/n I think I love you" he muttered quietly, I thought I heard him wrong "W-what did you say?" I asked "Y/n I'm in love with you" he said. I stood there shocked "Carlm....I love you too" I murmured, he looked at me in shock I guess he thought the same thing I thought. The two of us just stared lovingly into each others eyes Carl was walking towards me and soon my back was against the fence, he looked into my eyes and then kissed me I closed my eyes and so did he. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance I gladly granted and I tilted my head deeping the kiss, the two of us fought for dominance and he easily won he had his hands on my hip and the two of us quickly separated cause a thing that humans needed called oxygen. I smiled at him my face a bright red "Y/n! Carl!" I heard Rick shout from the prison, the two of us groaned "So......what are we?" I asked quietly. Carl looked at me "Well Y/n will you be my girlfriend?" He asked I smiled and nodded "Yes" I replied brightly, I looked over at Rick as he was running towards us I looked back at Carl "Do you wanna make this public or hide it?" I asked. Carl chuckled lightly "Why would I want hide it from people, I have the most beautiful girl in the world as my girlfriend" he said, I giggled and he grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. We crawled out of the hole that was made and making our way over to Rick, he had his hands on his knees and he was panting "Y-Y/n.......C-Carl what the hell are you two do-"  he cut himself off, he looked at our hands "Sooooo you two like a thing?" He asked looking at the two of us confused. I giggled and nodded "Yeah" I replied smiling and for once in a while I saw Rick smile "Well you two need to get back to the prison and sleep, we got work to do tomorrow" he said he seemed extremely happy about it.

The two of us nodded and made our way back to the prison we where still hand and hand, I was shocked that this all happened it happened so fast but. I didn't care all I cared about was being with Carl I once thought I was gonna be alone and watch all my friends and siblings get in relationship, but the universe had other plans for me and I'm glad I guess good things can come out of horrible things. The two of us made our way quietly up the stairs aware of everyone else sleeping we quickly made our way back to our cells, I stopped right in between them and I looked at Carl with a smile. I gave him a quick peck on the lips "Goodnight cowboy" I murmured quietly, I saw Carl smile I couldn't tell if he was as red as I was but that doesn't matter "Goodnight beautiful" he said walking to his cell. I stood there for a second and then I walked into my cell, I collapsed on my bed staring at the roof 'Tonight was really.......somethin else' I thought.

I was smilingly wildly I couldn't believe that this all happened I just replayed the scene in my head, I couldn't sleep I was so happy. The boy I liked had asked me out and kissed me in the same night, I heard someone knock on the bars to my cell and I got up walking to the curtain and moving it to the side. And to my surprise Carl was on the other side I smiled "Hey I uh couldn't sleep an-" I cut him off my pulling him in my cell with giggle, I laid down on my cell bed I scooted over a bit making some room for Carl. I patted the spot next to me he didn't have his hat on so his shaggy brown hair was slightly a mess, he walked over to my bed and laid down next to me I messed with his hair a bit and watched him glare at me. I giggle and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer I felt a lot warmer than usual, probably because I have Carl cuddling me.

'It's hard to believe that I fell in love with a boy I almost killed at the start of this, but I'm so glad I did I hope this will last. I've never loved a boy so much yeah I had crushes, but my crush on Carl was different. But like Beth said I'm in love with him' I thought, I heard soft sweet snoring from behind me I giggled knowing that Carl had fallen asleep. I closed my eyes letting my happiness and the warmth of this boy drift me into a happy slumber.

------