USWNT

A/N: being the youngest on the team

You were only sixteen when you got the call. Jill wanted to speak to you, when she found out that you were in a foster home. She knew it'd be harder for her. But when she saw how you played. She knew you were good enough to be in the USWNT. She wanted you on the team.

You were honestly so shocked and confused on why she wanted you out of all people. Not to mention you were only sixteen. Almost seventeen. There was no way. But as day's went by you were now on a flight heading to Los Angeles. To say you were nervous was understatement. Jill was able to convince the head of the Foster home to let you come.

You were more than nervous. You'll be meeting the women you completely admire. You absolutely loved those women. Alex Morgan, Kelley O'Hara, Tobin Heath, Emily Sonnet, Christen Press, Ashlyn Harris, Tierna Davidson, Mal Pugh. Oh gosh. You were going to go into a state of panic and you haven't even gotten off the plane yet. You took a deep breath and got off the plane once it landed. While you recovered the small duffel bag you had the only things you owned. Which were your worn out cleats, shin guards you were able to buy at a thrift shop also with some shorts and one of the two pants you owned, with four shirts you had including the one you had on now. Which was one of your 'newest' ones. You only had two pair of shoes. The ones you had now and your cleats, that you also bought at thrift shop. So yes you felt so underdressed.

Vlatko knew you'll arrive a little late so he had all the girl's sitting on the turf waiting for you. They knew they were getting a new player. They were really excited to meet you. You were dying as you walked down the hall towards the field. You were really, really nervous. You were lead in by Jill.

"You're a great player kid. Don't worry too much about it. You'll fit in great." She patted your shoulder as you and the older woman walked on to the field. You looked at the woman and yup you felt like you were dying. Your heart was going to beat too fast and explode and you'll die. They all looked at you and you got so shy you looked down avoiding their gazes.

"Everyone this is Y/N. She's our new teammate."

You gulped and gave a small wave with a small. "Hi."

The older women all awed at how cute you were. Alex was the first one to go up to you holding out her hand.

"I'm Alex." You quickly wiped your sweaty hands on your shorts and quickly shook her hand.

"N-Nice to meet you to." You spoke in a small voice. And since then Alex and Kelley made it there mission to protect you. But so did the others.

*

You've been on the team for a good five months now. They treated you with so much love and care. You got along with every single one of them. You were the baby of the team so they protected you from everyone.

"Alright nicely done Y/N." You smiled when the girl's patted your shoulder after you megged Alyssa and scored.

"Shit kid that was amazing." Alyssa got up and high fived you. You hear swelled up at all the proud looks you were receiving. You never seen so many looks like that facing you. It was always either of disappointment. But having these woman in your life was like having a family.

A family that you always wished for.

*

Hope everyone is safe and not sick. Keep safe y'all

✌🏽