Ellie & Dina (The Last of Us II)

A/N: TLOUII hasn't happened yet. Better yet it NEVER happened. Dina and Ellie are on patrol and things go south. Ellie finds someone hiding in a closet. (I'll give ya hint it's you)

"Come on babe. This way." Ellie called back as Shimmer rode ahead. Dina falling back bit. Dina and Ellie have dating for a good year how. Almost two years now. Ellie honestly couldn't be happier. She had the girl of her dreams and she was working things out with Joel. Well things with Joel were better. She was able to move on from what happened. They were back to way things were, well kinda of. So when she saw a big medium sized bag of coffee beans she stuffed em in her bag and couldn't wait to see the look on Joel's face once he saw it. It was Dina's first patrol since giving birth to JJ. Joel got emotional when Ellie asked him if Dina and herself could name the baby after him. Of course he said it was fine with it. He was more than fine with it. Jesse was just as emotional. Nine months later, baby JJ came along.

Now they were headed down to a town not far from Jackson. That last time they patrolled that place was before winter so. They had to do their yearly sweep. Ellie hopped off her horse and tied the reins to a the tree.

"Alright. So how do you wanna do this?" Dina stood right by Ellie as they looked over the small abandoned town. They stood on a hill a good distance away from it. She slung off the rifle.

"Well we'll take out the ones we see from here. Hopefully the sound draws all of them out. Then we go down there and sweep the rest. How's that sound." Dina smiled at the red head leaning up a bit and pecked her lips. "Sounds great." Ellie smiles bashfully and puts the rifle into position she shoots the first shot seeing all the infected crashing out from glass windows. There was about ten maybe fifteen. She took most of them out when Dina whistled.

"Wow now I see why Tommy trusts you with that. You're not bad." Ellie looked away from the scope and nudged Dina.

"Not bad? Let's see you try. There's one more. Take it out." Ellie stood straighter and handed Dina the gun. Dina met Ellie's challenging green eyes. "Pfft hold this." Dina shoved her shotgun at Ellie and took the rifle. She looked into the scope and saw the runner. She breathed in and pulled the trigger. Ellie who was looking through her binoculars let out small whistle.

"Well damn babe. Good job. Now come on. Let's go down there finish the job."

*

Dina walked in first Ellie falling behind to let down the heavy garage door down. She pulled out her gun and went clear the store. They were in their last building. Some houses were either run down, falling apart or empty. They were doing good at the moment. Finding some things they could use.

"Alright I'll check the office. Be careful." Ellie whispered when door wouldn't budge. She then saw the gap in the wall and went towards it. Dina nodded. "Right back at ya." Ellie squeezed threw the gap. Seeing a desk pushed up against the door with some wood nailed to the door. She looked around seeing that someone was staying there. There was a sleeping bag a small fire that was no longer burning some kid toys a small purple backpack. She looked around and saw a letter. The paper looked new not like any other letters she's found.

I got bit. Stupid thing snuck up on me. I went out hunting for some food. My baby girl was getting hungry and I ran out of baby food. I knew running off on my own was going to come back and bit me in the ass, literally. Well not in the ass that would have hurt. But I couldn't stay with those assholes any longer. So I packed some shit and left with my little girl. But that stupid shit bit me on the ankle. I don't have long. I could feel it. Fuck. I can't leave my little girl. She needs me. She's only two. What am I going to do.

I just left my little girl in the closet. Told her I was going out to hunt. Fuck. I can't stop crying. My little girl. My precious Y/N. If whoever is reading this please I beg you to take care of her. I left her purple backpack in view. All her favorite stuff is in there. She loves the movie Wall-E. She has a stuff bear of Walle. Can't sleep with out it. There's enough food in the closet where she's in that could last her a week. She knows only to eat when she's really hungry. She's a great listener. Please tell her that mommy loves her. I'm going to shoot myself far away from here. I'll never let my baby girl see me as one of those things.