Lev (The Last of Us II)

A/N: an au where Joel never killed Abby's dad but he still dies. Abby never went after Joel. Abby joins the wolves but ends up meeting Yara and Lev. Things go south and it ends with Lev and Abby leaving as the war rages on in Seattle between the wolves and the scars. Abby and Lev end up near Jackson. You and Ellie find them.

Abby knew that this wouldn't end well. And it didn't. She lost all her friends. They had to get out of Seattle. So her and Lev barely escaped. She didn't know where they were going. All she knew was that she had to keep Lev safe. And that wouldn't be happening I'm Washington. So they set off. Where? She didn't know. But as long as she has Lev. She'll be fine.

*

They decided instead of going down south they'd go east. They spent three weeks crossing Idaho. When they entered Wyoming they were ambushed. Raiders, not a lot but a few cornered them into a store. Shots rang out. Abby and Lev looked at each other. Sharing a look knowing that they may not get out of this alive.

*

You were finally able to go out on patrol with Ellie. It's been two years now since Ellie found you in one of her patrols with Joel. They took you in and honestly treated you like family. Joel treated you just like a daughter. He was like the father you never had. And Ellie, Ellie was like the big sister you always wished you had. You were now sixteen and taking patrolling very seriously. Although she, along with Joel took some convincing but they ended up agreeing. Which was great.

"Alright Y/NN, no funny business. Don't go too far from where I can see you. We check these houses and then we go back to the tower. Got it." You were too busy looking at all the houses that you never seen before. Too busy looking at all the snow covering the houses. You didn't know why but it was kinda...pretty. In a sad kinda of way.

"Y/N?"

"Huh oh yea. Okay. Don't go too far. Gotcha."

Ellie shook her head with a smile as she lead you down the snow covered road. She knew you were a great shot with a gun and bows. You were creative when you made your bombs. She showed you how to make some bomb traps as well. You did survive on your own for half a year. When she first met you. You were badly hurt but yet still fighting. She approached you with her hands held up as you pointed your arrow at her with shaky hands. Eyes filled with fear and unshed tears. She basically carried you back to where Joel waited for her. Since then. They both took you into their little family.

You were so grateful for them. Really.

"Ellie. Do you think we could go to that store with all-" You were cut off by gun fire. Your eyes widen. Not thinking that you'd actually run into to trouble. Especially after Joel sent you and Ellie on one of the safest routes. So hearing the gun shots put you on high alert. They sounded so close.

"El-I know. Come on. Stay behind me. Do you understand Y/N." "Yea. Come on they could be shooting at one of our guys."

*

As you both drew closer to the gun shots. You heard the shouts of some men.

"Get closer. They got no more bullets let's finish this already!" You noticed that the ones doing all the shooting were raiders. You took out your bow and Ellie her rifle. She nodded and you opened fire at those assholes. There was only a few. You and Ellie were able to take them out like nothing. You quickly made your way down the small hill.

"Y/N wait!" Ellie yelled behind you as she hurried after you. You ran into the building.

"Hey. Are you guys okay? They're down. It's safe to come out now." When you got no response you walked closer. A shot ringing out from over the counter.