CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEEN: Schematics

The building where Kai Chisaki's base of operations is located has six floors in total. The first four floors, three above ground and one below (the parking lot), acts as the cover of a normal factory plant.

The remaining two underground floors are Chisaki's true base.

Both floor stretched way further than the cover factory on the surface, at least three times squared the area of the first four floors. And each floor was structured like a maze.

Without a map of some kind, the guards there, all of which were required to memorize the schematics of the floors, would be able to easily utilize the maze floors to corner any seen intruders.

It took Adohira all of his four hours of invisibility per day to explore and draw up a map of one floor. With only two floors, he was able to complete the task within two days.

The heroes couldn't risk making any shortcuts by breaking down walls as doing so might compromise the entire place, and cause a whole city block to cave onto itself.

That's one reason why the task force opted to put Gang Orca in the fourth team instead.

Chisaki's hideout is right under a downtown area. Gang Orca's Orcinus abilities may become a liability instead of an advantage, if he were to come with inside.

(a/n: insert relieved Adohira here)

At the east and west wing of the first floor respectively, lie the two holding chambers containing the human trafficking victims, the target locations of the third team led by Edgeshot and Kamui Woods.

At the south wing of the second lowest floor lies the laboratory, the target location of the second team, led by Gran Torino.

Then at the north wing of the same floor, probably the second most time-consuming trip of all locations, after the lab, was Chisaki's office. The target location of the first team, led by Sir Nighteye.

At least 10 minutes have already passed since the heroes have stormed into the building and he was notified, but there he still sat, swiveling his chair while his fingers were intertwined, thinking out loud to himself as the Shin Nomu watched.

(a/n: Shin Nomu-to 😂)

"Shigaraki decided to send the heroes to do his dirty work. Damn him." Kai cursed.

As he has correctly assumed from the beginning, the emergency exits have already been blocked off by the heroes in the fourth team. He can very easily create his own exit from where he was, but leaving was no option for him. Everything he had left he put into building that place, he can't just leave all of it. He can't afford to start all over again.

Kai gritted his teeth under his mask, How the hell was Shigaraki even able to find this place?!

"Overhaul, what are we going to do?" The Shin Nomu asked.

Kai took a deep breath and he closed his eyes as he tried to think, Shigaraki wants me captured by the heroes to get me out of his way. Well, I won't let him get his way that easily.

Kai stood up from his seat and he answered Shin's question, "We fight."

"We'll fight and defeat those ill-ridden heroes. Afterwards, we'll take whatever we can save and we'll move our base of operations." Kai told the Shin Nomu, then he added his resolute declaration.

"I won't lose to Shigaraki again."

---