CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO: Quirk II

NOTES: Before anyone asks, no, hiatus is still not done, unfortunately. Still kinda stuck at some fight scenes, just figured I should finish this lil chapter before I fully forget what I was supposed to put in here.

---

"I repea... you... thorize... comba... targe... itosh... kugo..."

Izuku could only understand muffled bits of Mandalay's message using one of his Quirks as he started to gain consciousness. Then he stood up and started brushing off the dust on him with his left arm, since his right arm is currently out of order.

I gotta find Shinso before the villains could. He thought then a familiar voice yelled, "Izuku, watch out!"

Just in the nick of time, Izuku was able to activate speed Quirks on his legs and dive to side, thereby evading what looked like a bunch of blades going on a rampage. He then hid behind a tree.

"Izuku!" The greenette heard someone whisper-shout his name. He looked over to the direction of the voice to find Shouto with an unconscious Momo.

Making sure not to make any sounds that could capture the attention of the villain, Izuku ran towards his friend and classmate. When they were finally together, only then did Shouto notice the deep red color of his friend's arm, "Izuku, your arm! We need to bring you and Momo out of the forest."

"Don't worry about me. My left arm is still fine. I can still fight." Izuku assured his bichromatic friend.

You can worry once you see my real body. Izuku thought.

"Right now, we need a plan to- watch out!" Izuku pushed himself, Shouto and Momo out of the way exactly as blades extended towards their direction.

"Ih hfound hyou~" The villain said as he revealed himself through the trees.

"Split up!" Izuku told Shouto as blades continued to extend their way. The bichromatic tried using his ice to hinder the blades and the greenette activated hardening Quirks on his body, but to no avail.

The blades were easily able to break through the ice and after a while, it started chipping away at Izuku's hardened body.

He can try and send a clap to displace the aim of the blades but he can't use his right arm and it's likely it wouldn't even be effective. A surprise punch towards his way is a better option but it'd take too long to release, and by the time he could release the attack, the villain would have already noticed him and changed the trajectory of his blades to attack.

We also need to protect Momo. I need to think a plan, fast! Izuku thought.

---

Meanwhile, on the other side of the forest, the original Izuku dashed through while leaving trails of green lightning. as he gave Kota the explanation he owed.

"No way! You can get as many Quirks as you want?" Kota exclaimed from Izuku's back as they ran through the forest.

"Yes, but I don't get to choose what Quirk I'm going to get or when I can get it. It'd be helpful if I could, then I can just wish to get a healing Quirk." It would be really helpful right now, so I can go look for Shinso with my clone.

"But why keep it a secret? With your Quirks, you could be the most famous and most powerful hero! I'm kinda jealous." Kota pouted.

"Exactly, Kota." Izuku answered bluntly."Having more than one Quirk is rare and can make a lot of people jealous. Out of their jealousy, they might end up telling lies to put me down, like I steal Quirks or something. That's what happened to my Dad before. It's much safer to just show and use one Quirk."

"But why that ugly Quirk you keep using? It hurts when you use it, right?" Kota asked.

"Y-you shouldn't call a Quirk ugly." Izuku chuckled nervously.

"And I told you before, right? I want to be a hero like All Might." The greenette reminded.

Then he continued, "Also, I find his Quirk interesting. His Quirk isn't just a simple enhancement one. His attacks aren't just an enhanced, they're much more. I've analyzed countless Quirks before and have figured out how most of them work, but All Might's Quirk... I just can't explain it. I tried my best to replicate it with the Quirks I have, but even after trying multiple combinations of starkly different Quirks, I still couldn't come close. At the moment, 'Power Limb' is the closest I could ever be to achieving the same power as his Quirk."

"A-also, it's what's registered as my Quirk so, hehehe." Izuku said jokingly after what he thought might've been a boring talk for Kota.

It took a few more minutes but Izuku and Kota were finally back at the lodge where they saw Vlad King standing guard outside.

"You, you're Aizawa's-what on Earth happened to you?!" The Pro Hero was shocked.

"Nevermind. Anytime now, that pesky villain will be back. Get inside immediately! And don't even think about going back." Said the Pro Hero and he sent the two boys inside.

"Um, you can put me down now." Kota said when Izuku still continued to carry the boy on his back.

"Oh. Okay." The greenette kneeled down and let the little boy untie himself. When he finished, the greenette then stood up and tried to stretch his back.

Kota simply looked at the greenette's hands and remembered the thing that he told Izuku a day ago.

"They'll just end up getting hurt and then dying. Or if they don't die, they just end up being sad the rest of their lives because they can't play hero anymore."

"Hey, Izuku?" Kota said in an almost quiet voice.

"Yeah?" The greenette looked at the little boy.

"I-I just wanna say thank you again... you know, for saving me..." Kota told him. Izuku smiled at kneeled down in front of him.

"I told you, it's what heroes do-"

"And I'm sorry!" The little boy's sudden apology surprised Izuku.

"Why? You shouldn't be-"

"But I do! Because you got hurt! And- and you might not be able to fight anymore because your arms are busted!" Kota said as he was in the verge of crying.

Izuku knows this well, of course, but still, he flashed a warm smile at the boy, "I told you, didn't I? I'm as strong as All Might. This is nothing at all! I'll be good to go after a trip at the doctor's!"

"So don't feel sorry, okay?" Izuku cheered the little boy up before they continued to where his classmates are taking their extra lessons where he also got the usual shocked expressions.

---