CHAPTER FORTY-NINE: Safe

Kota, hang in there. I'll be there in just a second, so please-

No way... Izuku's eyes widened as he saw the villain remove his cloak and mask through his Bird's Eye View. That villain... I recognize him. He's the one who murdered Kota's- Dammit! I won't get there on time with my speed.

"Activate Quirk: Doppelganger!" As Izuku ran, suddenly an exact clone appeared right beside him. Then the two of them stopped in their tracks.

The Izuku clone started activating every muscle augmenting and strengthening Quirk they have on his right arm then he grabbed the original Izuku's legs.

Aiming for the direction of the cliff, the clone threw Izuku with all his strength, making him fly at an incredible speed. Within seconds, he was immediately able to see the cliff and the villain with his own eyes.

He activated 50% of Power Limb then cocked his arm back for a punch.

"GET AWAY FROM HIIIIIM!!!"

---

At the League of Villains hideout, Kurogiri watched as All for One's eldest child walked out of the inner door, almost with a smile on his face, then took his usual seat in front of the counter.

On cue, Kurogiri brought out a glass and started pouring liquid into it. Afterwards, the man proceeded to play with the liquid, swirling it inside the glass.

Curious of his behavior, Kurogiri sought to ask, "Tomura—"

"Kurogiri, please, call me Tenko while it's just the two of us." All for One's eldest corrected him with a smile.

"Oh? Then is Tenko in a good mood tonight? Shouldn't you be worried for your little brother? He will be caught in the crossfire in their little camp, after all." Kurogiri pointed out.

But he only received a snicker, "I've thought about it after my little spat with 'Dabi', but that little video that had me stressing about Izuku may actually be his little ticket to safety."

(a/n: say sike right now)

"Oh? May you care to explain?" Kurogiri asked.

"It hit me when Mr. Dabi mentioned it, but everyone that approached us saw that little video and idolizes Stain. They respect his words and will." Tenko couldn't help but let out a small laugh and a confident smile.

"They respect Stain's words." He repeated himself.

"— Kurogiri, if my father said he admires a person, would you wish to harm them?"

Kurogiri's glowing eyes widened, finally realizing what Tenko meant, making the latter smile.

"That's why I'm confident no harm will come to my little brother. And as a bonus, I now have a reason to get him out of UA." He said with a smirk as he watched liquid swirl around the glass.

Has he ever actually drank the liquid? The question popped into Kurogiri's mind.

"I see. That's why you were very casual when you mentioned Izuku during the last briefing, as if you were certain they don't need to be reminded." Kurogiri said, making Tenko's smile a bit more wider as he continued to observe the liquid.

Kurogiri looked on but a thought came to his mind.

"However."

That one word was enough to immediately make the eldest's smile disappear. "However?" Tenko asked as he gave his caretaker a glare.

"You were also confident that he won't get involved during our attack on UA's USJ, as well as when we fought the Shie Hassaikai at Hosu, and yet he was. How are you certain it won't be the same this time?"

Tenko grimaced, continuing to glare at his caretaker, but the latter was not fazed.

"Did Daruma program sarcasm into you just to aggravate me?" He asked.

"No. Not that I'm aware of. I was simply trying to prove a point." Kurogiri answered as he continued to wipe the glasses with a cloth.

Tenko scoffed, "Had your Quirk not been as vital in operations as it is, I would've traded you for Adohira instead."

"Why, thank you." Kurogiri gleefully replied, squinting his glowing eyes and tilting his head slightly, certainly annoying Tenko.

"Tch. I'll get Daruma for this." Tenko cursed under his breath.

---

Izuku took sharp deep breaths as the debris started to subside. With his left arm, he wrapped the little boy beside him in a protective way.

Then he looked at his right arm that was shaking violently and starting to feel numb. The same arm that the clone used full power on to fling him to the cliff. Even though it was only a clone, he could still feel the burning sensation he would feel had it been him who used that amount of power. It didn't help that he also used the same arm to send that punch towards Muscular.

The little boy noticed the teenager's arm as well, and could tell that it was hurting so bad.

"Come on, Kota. I gotta get you back to Mandalay." Izuku said as they turned around, making Kota walk on the side farthest from cliff (his right side).

"AnD WhERe dO YoU tHiNk YoU'rE GoInG?"

Izuku's eyes went wide at those words. Immediately, he activated every hardening and reinforcement Quirk he could on his left arm on such a short time. But it wasn't enough, so he, along with Kota, was sent flying towards the side of the mountain.

Thankfully, he was able to use his body to cushion the child, but the surprise attack was still able to break the greenette's left arm.

"Izuku!" Kota cried in worry.

N-no way. He was able to withstand half of Power Limb's full power? He's almost as powerful as a handicapped Machi?! Izuku thought.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Are you alright?" He tried to hide the surprise in his voice.

"Why are you worrying about me?! You're going to get killed! We're going to get killed! He's going to kill us like how he killed my parents!" Kota started to let out tears.

Izuku forced a small laugh, "Don't worry, Kota. I'm not going to let him hurt you. I'm going to protect you!"

Kota's eyes went wide at the teenager's statement.

"Oho. I recognize you. You're that little guy Stain likes." The villain let out a menacing chuckle. As all the dust was finally settling down, the villain's appearance with his Quirk was revealed.

"I gotta admit, you got me good. That was a powerful punch you had there."

The villain then flashed a sadistic smile.

"LeT's hAvE SOmE FuN, sHalL wE?"

---

NOTES: For those who saw that little extra, I decided to stick it here instead since it seemed like the perfect spot, mostly for comedic purposes.