CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: Daruma Ujiko

A black portal opened where Dr. Ujiko walked out. Tenko gave him a side eye. Then he stood up and faced the old man.

"So? How's Stain?" Tenko asked.

"Izuku managed to break half his ribcage, and they ended up puncturing his lungs. He's currently in a coma but he should be fine. It's amazing that he survived. He took on two of Izuku's full power punch head on and was still able to move afterwards to save the boy. That man has amazing willpower. He could've been a great hero." The doctor answered.

Tenko could only respond with an annoyed tch. Izuku shouldn't have been there in the first place. Tenko thought.

"And Izuku?" Tenko asked.

"He'll be fine. I left the fast healing pills for him. By the time he's back at school, he should have taken the pill with the new reinforcement Quirk." Dr. Ujiko told him.

"Such a stubborn boy. Choosing to use the combination of Quirks that replicates All Might's Quirk, even though it's destroying him. I just hope the day never comes when he has to learn it all the hard way. It would be a waste for the boy not to get the chance to—"

"Don't even think about it, Daruma." Tenko's voice was threatening. It had the tone of a coldblooded killer.

The doctor chuckled, "Hoho, so protective."

"I want Izuku to live a normal and happy life. I won't let you drag him into our criminal business."

"That's what you said the first time Hisashi and I mentioned the idea of the two of you training to become his successors. You were only 8, if I recall correctly." Daruma reminisced.

"In my opinion, Izuku is the best candidate to succeed Hisashi since he has his Quirk. And with the right training, we can probably have it evolve into something more powerful." Daruma went into a monologue.

Hisashi's Quirk started out as only having the ability to steal a limited number of Quirks but then All for One evolved into what it is now, a Quirk that allows the user to steal and store as much Quirks as they want.

Since Izuku inherited the evolved version of Hisashi's Quirk, it's possible it can evolve once more.

Maybe a version that can steal Quirks from afar, perhaps?

"Shut up, Daruma. I already warned you." Tenko stopped the old man's thoughts.

"If you ever try to include my brother in your research, you'll be facing me." Tenko stood his ground but Daruma only found it more entertaining.

Such a foolish boy. Daruma thought.

Then the television in the bar turned on, with Hisashi on video chat, "That's enough."

The three men in the room turned to look at the screen. His face is still 90% scar, unfortunately, and he's still on life support. Training Eri to use her Quirk properly will take time, after all.

"Ujiko-san, if you're done telling Tenko what he wants to know, then I'm expecting you to return right away." Hisashi's voice was stern and serious. Daruma only scoffed to this.

"Kurogiri, open a gate for me." Daruma ordered the man standing as the bartender. Kurogiri complied.

Tenko glared at the old man as he left.

"And Tenko?"

"Yes, Dad?"

"Please, stop arguing with the doctor. You know he's done so much for our family. And one day, you'll have to work with him. It would make things easier if you establish friendly relations." Hisashi reasoned.

"I'll start getting friendly as soon as he stops eyeing Izuku."

"Tenko." Hisashi was annoyed. Tenko simply averted gazes.

Hisashi sighed, "Fine. I'll talk to him. But I'm expecting you to cooperate with him as well."

Then the video chat ended.

Tenko sat on his seat at the counter. He grimaced and then pounded the counter. He messed up his hair in frustration as he made unintelligible annoyed sounds.

Kurogiri simply looked on as he watched Tenko's more or less quiet frustration reach its climax and finally die down.

"Kurogiri, the new assignment I gave you, how is it?" Tenko asked in a calm manner.

"I have found a number of individuals that met your criteria. At first, they weren't interested, but later reconsidered after a peculiar video came to light." Kurogiri answered.

"Video? What video?" Tenko asked confused.

Kurogiri switched on the television and changed it to show the video.

Tenko was left wide eyed at what he saw.

---

NOTES: Fun fact, the idea for Izuku's hypothesized Quirk Evolution came from an original character of mine. The OC's Quirk is similar to Aizawa's since she can also "erase" other people's Quirks, but hers can erase the Quirks of people within 10 meters of her.

Also! I'm on an updating streak! Me and my sister were doing a marathon of the anime and I got so much motivation! I can't wait to write the Training Camp Arc!