CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: Ward

At the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall,the entire class of 1-A (minus Katsuki and Shouto) had split up into smaller groups to buy their specific needed supplies.

One of these smaller groups were Izuku and Shinsou.

"Izuku, aren't you going to buy supplies? I noticed you haven't bought anything yet." Shinsou asked.

Izuku shook his head, "Not really. Our servants already ran the errand earlier this morning, I'm just here to spend more time with our classmates."

"Oh? How sweet of you."

Izuku just chuckled nervously making Shinsou smile.

They continued to walk when Shinsou suddenly remembered, "Hey, Izuku?"

"What about those ghosts? Are they still here?" Shinsou's sudden question made Izuku stop in his tracks.

Izuku looked shocked at first, and it took him a moment to answer, but when he did, he smiled, "No. They're gone now. I just noticed it but, it seems the more I've stayed by your side, the less they've appeared."

Shinsou wasn't really expecting this answer. He smiled.

"I see. Glad to hear that."

---

As they continued to walk around, Izuku caught the scent of coffee. He looked around for the origin of the amazing smell.

"Hey, that cafe looks nice, do you want some?" Izuku asked Shinsou.

"Isn't that a pricey cafe? Is that really okay? Plus, the line is very long." Shinsou protested.

"Don't worry, it's my treat! You just wait here, 'kay?" Izuku insisted. Shinsou couldn't help but just look on.

"Must be nice being a rich kid." He whispered to himself.

Since he's going to take a while, maybe I should go find somewhere to sit. Shinsou thought.

As he was looking around, he was caught off guard when someone suddenly hanged their arm around him. He was annoyed, of course.

But that annoyance soon turned to pure and absolute terror when he heard the person talk, "What a coincidence meeting you here."

"T-Tomura?" Shinso's eyes were wide with fear.

"Let's go have a seat, shall we?"

Shinsou couldn't do anything but just follow. All he could do was be mindful of the man's bare hands dangling a few centimenters away from him.

It took a few minutes but they finally found a vacant bench.

"That's a nice outfit you got there. It's not like your usual ones." Shinsou tried to casual talk, albeit just so he can calm his nerves, even a little bit.

"I assume my brother is nearby, can't let him know I'm here since I'm supposed to be abroad." Tenko answered.

"But let's get to the point, shall we?"

Shinsou gulped.

"Without a doubt, the location of your boot camp will be changed. The heroes will probably take precautions to hide it from us. Maybe something like decoy buses or the like." Tenko explained.

"S-so what do you need me to do?" The purplette asked.

Tenko smiled and with his other hand, he took out two small button-like objects from the pocket of his jacket using just three fingers.

"Keep one of these transmitters on your person the whole time. And on your third night at the boot camp, stick the other one on Katsuki Bakugo." Tenko instructed him.

"Katsuki Bakugo? Why?"

"Do you really need to know?" Tenko said in an aggravated tone. Shinsou immediately understood and didn't push further.

This whole time, Shinsou has been wary of the man's hands. But the sudden curiosity hit him, and from the corner of his eyes, he tried to get a good look at the man taking him hostage at the moment.

They look nothing alike. They're nothing alike. I can't believe someone like Izuku would be brothers with this monster.

"I assume my brother is nearby, can't let him know I'm here since I'm supposed to be abroad." Tenko's words from a moment ago echoed through the purplette's mind.

Then the thought came to Shinsou.

"A-about Izuku-"

The moment Shinsou spouted those words, it was as if a venomous snake made its way around his neck and is now bearing its fangs at his face. All he felt at that moment was Tenko's killing intent.

Tenko glared at the purplette with his red eyes. His hand that was hanging from the boy's shoulder moved its way up to grab the boy's chin.

"He doesn't know. And I hope you help keep it that way." Tenko's words made it seem like he was asking but it was an order, it was a threat. Shut up or you're dead.

Then from a distance, they heard someone called, "Shinsou!"

Taking that as a cue, Tenko swiftly left, not seeing that it was actually his little brother.

Shinsou remained wide-eyed and pale from that interaction. He buried his face in the palm of his hands. Taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm down.

"Shinsou."

The purplette flinched and looked up. It was Izuku.

"Are you alright? Who was that guy earlier?" Izuku asked as he looked over at the direction where Tenko went.

"Don't worry. He's not that important. Hey, is that mine?" Shinsou immediately changed the topic.

He stood up and immediately grabbed one of the cups and chugged down the contents, leaving Izuku confused.

"Come on, let's go meet up with the rest of the class." Shinsou said.

Izuku was still confused but he simply nodded and went along.

---