CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN: Meeting II

5pm, 1-A were spending their free time hanging with each other at the common room talking about random topics, while some were at the kitchen preparing food.

Izuku was sitting on the sofa along with his classmates, but he was visibly preoccupied and wasn't interacting with any of them.

He was looking at one of his bandaged fists, his right hand, the arm that received the most damage after his battle with Muscular.

After Eri rid his body of the damage he had accumulated over the years, he had to cover his arms with bandages to hide the fact that he was actually healed. It also serves as a reminder for him not to use those mutated arms again.

Unnoticed by the greenet, a certain bichromatic frowned in concern.

Shouto had his eyes on the greenet the whole time. He was slightly worried because of the serious face the latter had been making. It made him recall the greenet's change in personality prior the Kamino Incident.

"Izuku—" Before Shouto could ask what was bothering his friend, Kyoka's voice was heard from the kitchen.

"Hey, the trash bin's full! Whose turn is it to throw the garbage out?" Kyoka asked.

Izuku raised his hand and said, "It's my turn!"

The greenet then stood up and walked over to the kitchen, then out to take the garbage to the dump, leaving Shouto no chance to talk to him.

--

As Izuku made his way to the garbage dump, he looked up to the sky as he pondered over two words, 'Judgement' and 'punishment', huh?

Izuku couldn't help but chuckle, "It's just like Dad to suggest them."

As Izuku continued his walk towards the garbage dump, he heard a voice say, "Yo."

Izuku stopped in his tracks. He looked around, to his right then to his left, but there was no one there.

"Down here!" The voice said.

Izuku looked down to the ground to find a face with blue orb-like eyes. The face then greeted the greenet, "Hello there."

He was slightly taken a back but he kept his composure and greeted the face, "H-hi."

"You're Izuku Midoriya from 1-A, right?" The face asked.

"Yeah... do you need something from me?" Izuku flashed a slightly awkward smile.

"You've been getting quite popular recently, so I thought about meeting you myself. I'm surprised you've remained calm, most first years I've attempted this trick on flipped!" The face laughed.

The greenet chuckled, "I think most would be surprised if a face suddenly appeared out of nowhere and began talking to them."

"But it would've been nice to watch you flip even just a little." The face said in a slightly disappointed tone.

"But anyway, objective accomplished! I should leave you to finish your task. Nice meeting you, Izuku Midoriya. Hope we see each other again!" The face said before sinking to the ground and disappearing.

Izuku nervously chuckled and he thought to himself, That was a little weird, wasn't it?

Now then, Izuku turned his attention back to his little task, "I should get these to the dump." He said, referring to the multiple garbage bags he had.

--

Later that night, it was 7pm, and—

"What?! Tenko left?!" Izuku loudly exclaimed as he stood up and bashed his desk during this nightly video chat with his family.

"Yes. He had to return to work earlier today to deal with a pest." Hisashi matter-of-factly said.

Izuku frowned and pouted, "He didn't even bother saying goodbye? Like send a text or call, maybe? He just left? Tch."

Izuku crossed his arms and angrily sat back down on his seat.

Hisashi chuckled, "It couldn't be helped since the problem suddenly decided to show itself. I'm sure your brother will call you sooner or later."

Izuku could only let out a small scoff.

Hisashi let out a sigh before deciding to change the topic, "So when are your Hero Work-Studies going to start?" He asked as he reached for a cup on the table.

Izuku furrowed his brows in confusion, "Hero work studies? What's that?"

Hisashi paused at his son's question.

"They haven't told you yet? I assumed that since you now have your provisional hero licenses, you'd be participating in it soon." Hisashi explained then he took a sip from the cup he was holding, which Izuku could only guess contained coffee.

"No... I don't think Aizawa-sensei has mentioned it. But maybe he plans to soon?" Izuku mused.

"Though I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to forego first year's hero work-studies, considering the hiking crime rate following All Might's retirement." Hisashi remarked.

"But that's up to them to decide." Hisashi added.

Izuku hummed.

Then from off screen, a little girl's voice was heard, "Whaaaaaaaa!!? Hisashi-san, Izuku-nii's call started?!"

Then Eri appeared on screen as she stood on the sofa, "Izuku-nii!" She exclaimed in glee.

"Eri!" Izuku smiled at his sister.

"Izuku-nii, I started learning how to read! I know the sounds of..." Eri looked at her hands and folded three fingers, then she flashed them at the laptop, "This many letters!"

"I don't know how many these are, but Adohira told me to show these many fingers when we talk!" Eri explained.

"That's amazing, Eri!" Izuku praised his sister, making the little girl's smile wider.

Hisashi smiled as he watched Izuku and Eri talk to each other for the rest of the video chat, enjoying each other's company.

---

NOTES: I have some good news and bad news!

Good news! I have acquired my supply of antidepress— I mean my supply of choco coffee ^^", which means updates will get more frequent soon.

Bad news, though, is that class has started, which means that I won't be able to do Training Camp/Kamino Incident update speed (the multiple updates per day), since I will be quite occupied.

PS I promise I still hate Hisashi.